Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a zn1100 b-1 an have rebuilt the carbs new diaphrgams ,air pilot jets etc , I did not sink them in carb cleaner but did completly dismantled an cleaned
all passages .but because it is a us modle it has a plug over the air idle screw an i want to remove this so i can clean that passage

1)how do you get the plug out with out destroying the thing or the getting
fileings in the carb p.s. do you need the plug ??

2)i think this is my problem because it is running real rich & it is blubbery& sputtering when i put the carbs back on an started it .

3) i did not put in new needle valves an the plastic spring seat slide in to the new diaphgrams tight should the move freely

4) should i replace the needle jets an the float bowl jets etc.. i was told an have never heard of them going bad except with high mileage wear..

all advice would be excellent . the season is here an i sold my 2nd bike so this is all i have to ride
thanks fenny777.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You syncronize these yet? Might help a lot.

as for the idle air screw cap. The clymers manual has info.
Basically, drill a small hole into it but be carefull not to drill any farther than the aluminum cap. then use a screw to start into the cap, again not to deep, and work cap out. Or a small screwdiver worked into the hole to try to pry it out. Just be carefull drilling the cap.

4) sliders should move move sorta free but move sorta slow under it's own weight as it's an exact fit. they should not feel as though they are dragging or getting marked up.

Good luck

·
Registered
95 Posts
To test the diaphragms, put your mouth over the little frown shaped slot on the back of each carb and puff air into it. This will move the diaphragm up and the spring tension will push it back down. If you don't get free movement then they're probably misassembled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts