Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

Since the weather this Saturday was so glorious I took my 8 year-old daughter, Ginny, for her very first ride on the Vulcan.

Man was that awesome!!!!

We had a safety briefing before she stepped over the saddle. A very nervous Mom took some pictures then we were off.

Ginny absolutely loved it, screaming "Woo-Hoo" the entire way into the next town. We stopped at Dairy Queen for a frozen pick-me-up. ...And I was good too, and only had H2O since I'm on a diet, while she had her favorite.... strawberry ice cream. :biggrin:

We eventually had to come home but I know she'll want to go out again in the very near future.

My wife took some pics that I can share with ya'll, too.........

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
She will remember these moments with her dad for the rest of her life...........glad to see you endorse it.......thumbs up for you Kevin. I'm hoping my wife will let me take our daughter in 3-4 years when she is 7-8.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Way cool Kevin. Like the matching helmet and jacket on her too. Glad you didn't go pink also. LOL

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Kevin, that is great. I love the beaming smile she has on her face. I know you rode very cautiously, I don't even have to ask.

I do like a belt that she can get a better grip on though. I started using a belt, and my kids told me they felt like they could hold on better.

D

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It's just too easy to lose your grip with gloves on, etc.

In our hot rod club, we call that smile on her face the "T bucket grin."

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
Getting a lot of "AWWWs" from my coworkers here. That is a Kodak moment for sure! :)

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Too cool Kevin!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Ginny's really beautiful man!.......must take after mom, eh! ;) :biggrin: 8)

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Neat Kevin thanks for sharing...

·
Patriot Guardian
2,469 Posts
that is what its all about brother glad you were able to share the day with your daughter, can't wait to have my own kid so i can do the same one day! :)

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
That is awesome. Seeing the expressions on both your faces says it all. You both will have the memories of that day till the end of time. Good job !!

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Those are the moments that make life worth living.
+1!

I'll never forget the look on my son's face when I told him I was gonna take him for his first ride on the Ninja. Even though I only took him around a few blocks in the neighborhood he had a blast. I only wish we'd gotten pics of it, but my wife was laughing too hard to get a shot off. I guess the sight of him clinging to me with a helmet 5 sizes too big could have that affect. :lol:

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
very awesome! I took my 8 year old down the street and back a few days after i got mine. Shes been on a similar route again but nothing outside the neighborhood until im better equipped for 2 up. thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kevin, that is cool! She is really cute and looks so thrilled! I can't wait till I can take my daughter for a putt!
THe pink helmet is exactly what my daughter will want too! Nothin like being a dad!!!

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Now if that don't give you the warm fuzzys nothin' will!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts