Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Hi all, thanks for letting me join. I live in the UK and have purchased a 1981 Kawasaki KE125 imported from the US. I look forward to restoring it so I can ride it around some green lanes. Any tips welcome!
Thanks
Louis

·
Super Moderator
2,886 Posts
Hi Louis and welcome to the forums. Your KE125 is a rare find and a great bike to restore.

You asked for tips.
Take a really good look at the rubber duct that connect from your carb cover to the airbox. Hopefully it is in good shape as these are becoming impossible to find. If yours is in good shape or even if it is not, I would advise that you have it 3D scanned so new ones can be 3D printed from the scanned model.

Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Louis and welcome to the forums. Your KE125 is a rare find and a great bike to restore.

You asked for tips.
Take a really good look at the rubber duct that connect from your carb cover to the airbox. Hopefully it is in good shape as these are becoming impossible to find. If yours is in good shape or even if it is not, I would advise that you have it 3D scanned so new ones can be 3D printed from the scanned model.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Hi mate, thanks! you read my mind. That was going to be my next post lol. It's missing all together so i'm on the hunt for a 3D printed one, you wouldn't happen to know anyone who has the dimensions and measurements handy so I can take it to a 3d printing shop? Or alternatively someone who sells these? Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2,886 Posts
Hmmm, your photo appears to show it though.

If you search on this site you will find quite a bit of chatter on this exact problem for the small bore bikes with rotary valves. One person was selling them, but not sure if that was for a 125 or a 100cc engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts