Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I ride often with the couple who live next door, but I've never ridden with more than three other people. Well, today we rode with a big pack of riders (all on HDs except for hubby and me). Wow, what a lot of fun. Very exhilirating. I can see I'm going to have a join a club or something. I enjoy my solo rides, or riding with hubby. But today was a blast.

My Vulcan sounded just as good as any of the Harleys (better than most of them!), and I had to slow down at times because I accelerated a lot faster than the people in front of me. I was very proud of my beautiful baby today. :)

It's 73 degrees today here in northern Colorado. Not a cloud in the sky. We all stopped for lunch and sat outside on a patio in our shirtsleeves. And now I'm sitting on my front porch, in a tshirt, enjoying the sunshine and warmth. I don't know how long this warm weather will last, but I'm sure going to enjoy it for all it's worth. Tomorrow's supposed to be another beautiful day. We're going to ride up the Big Thompson canyon tomorrow to Estes Park.

Life is good!

Julie

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
jukief said:
My husband and I ride often with the couple who live next door, but I've never ridden with more than three other people. Well, today we rode with a big pack of riders (all on HDs except for hubby and me). Wow, what a lot of fun. Very exhilirating. I can see I'm going to have a join a club or something. I enjoy my solo rides, or riding with hubby. But today was a blast.

My Vulcan sounded just as good as any of the Harleys (better than most of them!), and I had to slow down at times because I accelerated a lot faster than the people in front of me. I was very proud of my beautiful baby today. :)

It's 73 degrees today here in northern Colorado. Not a cloud in the sky. We all stopped for lunch and sat outside on a patio in our shirtsleeves. And now I'm sitting on my front porch, in a tshirt, enjoying the sunshine and warmth. I don't know how long this warm weather will last, but I'm sure going to enjoy it for all it's worth. Tomorrow's supposed to be another beautiful day. We're going to ride up the Big Thompson canyon tomorrow to Estes Park.

Life is good!

Julie
Sounds like an excellent day all the way around!!! Glad you had a good time.... 8)

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
pack

julie
riding in a pack can be nice, its a totally different experience. i hear ya about joining a club. i haven't had a chance to, but i would like to. it would be nice to be a little more involved with other riders in the area and nice to go on a few organized rides each season. glad you guys had a good ride.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

the wonder of group riding :lol:

glad you enjoyed it!! group riding is whole different game than solo
if it is conducted properly it is a beautiful sight to see
even just a lane change with 30 bikes is breathtaking :lol:
not to mention bikes in formation stretched out for a mile or so 8)
i would encourage everyone to try group riding just once,its not for everybody but every ride with a large group is usually a adventure
i've seen everything from spills to chills to thrills

if you want to try group riding contact your local southern cruiser chapter
i'm sure they will help :wink:

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
even just a lane change with 30 bikes is breathtaking :lol:
not to mention bikes in formation stretched out for a mile or so 8)
No kidding. :D

The lane changes were awesome. I felt so *powerful*. LOL And that rumble--you could hear us coming from miles away. I have to do a lot more of that!

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
It is great to ride in a pack!!!! I have done it many times......I have been looking for a club to join that is suitable for the whole family.

I rode my bike yesterday to work. It was 44degrees out in the morning. Everyone thought I was crazy. But it was one of those clear cold days. Beautiful sunrise...all blue and pink!!!!!

It was a good ride. Only part of me that got cold were my hands. Need a better pair of winter gloves. I like the guantlet style that you can pull up over my jacket sleeves.

Heather

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

heather-down here its the fall sunsets :shock:

dark reds,yellows,purples and pinks-riding the beaches looking at that
still gives me goosebumps
:lol:

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
jukief said:

Life is good!

Julie

That sounds like fun Julie. I have yet to ride with more than one more bike. What kind of pipes you got on that 800A. I'm looking at some V&H Cruzers, but don't have the cash right now. I'm thinking about cutting out the rear baffle. I have drilled 4 1/4 holes in the plate and it sounds better, but not quite enough.

bluestringer

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kyhick1 said:
I rode my bike yesterday to work. It was 44degrees out in the morning. Everyone thought I was crazy. But it was one of those clear cold days. Beautiful sunrise...all blue and pink!!!!!

It was a good ride. Only part of me that got cold were my hands. Need a better pair of winter gloves. I like the guantlet style that you can pull up over my jacket sleeves.

Heather
I'm still riding to work nearly every day. It's quite cold here in the mornings, even though it warms up by afternoon. The coldest morning I've ridden so far was 36 degrees. My legs were the only thing that was cold because I just had jeans on. I need to get some chaps or something. :D

I'm not ready to give up riding just yet!

Julie

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bluestringer said:
That sounds like fun Julie. I have yet to ride with more than one more bike. What kind of pipes you got on that 800A. I'm looking at some V&H Cruzers, but don't have the cash right now. I'm thinking about cutting out the rear baffle. I have drilled 4 1/4 holes in the plate and it sounds better, but not quite enough.

bluestringer
I have V&H straightshots. They were on the bike when I bought it, but the previous owner had taken the packing off the baffles. They were incredibly loud. I had to wear ear plugs every single time I rode. I got some new baffles and packed them. The pipes sound terrific now. Nice rumble but not deafening.

Julie

·
Registered
605 Posts
julie, i'm only 75 miles away but it's a tad bit colder here in the morning 30 or so, even into the 20's if I leave early, then 55-65 by 1:30ish, I ride everday pretty much, I rode today with the rain...

As for chaps, they are unecessary typically, get a good pair of rain pants that don't "breathe" too much, not only are they great for heat, they also happen to prevent moisture from coming in (go figure) and keep your work clothes nice and neat.

oh yeah...I LIVE!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
kyhick1 said:
It is great to ride in a pack!!!! I have done it many times......I have been looking for a club to join that is suitable for the whole family.

I rode to work this morning, it was 39° but I dressed for it. Now in the afternoon it's about 60° and the ride home from Lexington to Versailles will include some extra miles.

I am a member of the Lexington Chapter of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club. It's a great bunch of friendly people who like to ride. check out http://www.southerncruisers.net/ to find the nearest chapter!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts