Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took a ride to my work. Not a perfect weather here. quarter mile visibility and fog with a little wind. But the thrilling ride ended in the parking lot after 30min. After 100+ miles of practice, now i have started to use my 900LT for commute to work.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Today I took a ride to my work. Not a perfect weather here. quarter mile visibility and fog with a little wind. But the thrilling ride ended in the parking lot after 30min. After 100+ miles of practice, now i have started to use my 900LT for commute to work.
Feels GREAT, doesn't it! Just think of all the gas money you will be saving!

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
raja... Both my wife and I commute on our bikes. We get to work fresh and ready to go after the ride. I have only missed nine days riding this year (AZ)minus those when I was on business trips. I even rode to Denver and back on a business trip, 876 miles each way, non-stop!
We share your joy!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I don't know if I will be saving gas money. I jokingly told my wife that something is wrong with the odomoeter on my new Vulcan 900 Custom...I told her it used to be 3 miles to work one way...now for some straaaaange reason it is 12-14!!! :D

·
800 Classic
215 Posts
Congrats!

I find the chilly air to be an eye-opener. And yes, I feel I am more refreshed than if I take the benz, and smoke ciggies, and drink my coffee, and swear at the traffic!

I like to think that every day I ride to work adds a couple hours to my life.

JG

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
I don't know if I will be saving gas money. I jokingly told my wife that something is wrong with the odomoeter on my new Vulcan 900 Custom...I told her it used to be 3 miles to work one way...now for some straaaaange reason it is 12-14!!! :D
Man, I thought I was the only one with that odo problem.:smile: Just tell her that it is a common problem with all the 900's and there is just no way to fix it:wink:

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Congrats!

I find the chilly air to be an eye-opener. And yes, I feel I am more refreshed than if I take the benz, and smoke ciggies, and drink my coffee, and swear at the traffic!

I like to think that every day I ride to work adds a couple hours to my life.

JG
If you wanted to drink coffee, smoke, and re-heat your McBreakfast on the way to work you should have gotten a Goldwing;)

·
got lost along the way
23,356 Posts
I'm SOOOOO jelous of you right now!!!

I'm putt'n the bike down for the winter this weekend :(

Ride around the block once for me, tell your wife that's the extra miles :)

·
... at the old, ballgame!
1,061 Posts
I even rode to Denver and back on a business trip, 876 miles each way, non-stop!
We share your joy!
What size auxiliary tanks (gas and septic) do you carry that allows you to go 876 miles non-stop? :smile:

·
2001 Vulcan 800 \m/
1,661 Posts
Yep...sometimes I get to my street...and I just keep going. There's no explaining it! Must be some kind of Twilight Zone thing. :smile:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oh it will, Ruger... it will.

And believe me, it takes some skill, keeping all the flapping clothing out of the way.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sorry I'm late boss... my brakes mysteriously quit working every time I got near work...
LOL...that actually happened to me yesterday...I meant to do just one lap around the outer drive here in north Colorado Springs (2.5-3 miles) but when I got back to work and felt for my brake and attempted to counter steer slightly to the right I suddenly experienced a temporary mechanical malfunction!

Almost happened again about 3 miles later! LOL!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts