Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There she was, staring at me with those big beautiful eyes. I walked around her staring up and down with the biggest grin on my face I've ever achieved. She was a bit difficult at first but quickly warmed up to me. It wasn't long before I had her purring and responding to my slightest touch. I knew I had to be gentle but I could feel her longing to take things so much faster. Hours passed in what seemed like minutes and before I knew it we were saying our goodbyes. Even though I'd see her in the morning I knew I'd never forget MY FIRST RIDE ON "MY" BIKE! :lol:

Man talk about fun....600 mile break is going to be hell, I get to the recommended 4k rpms and I can just feeeeeel the bike wanting to surge forward and just take off down the road, but I must resist. I had such a blast that I didn't even seem to notice the 34 degree weather in my mesh gloves/jacket(haven't bought cold gear yet heh).

2009 Ninja 250r btw, red.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Man, must be very hard to keep it under 4k. I bought my bike used so I never had to go thru that. Thank goodness.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
There she was, staring at me with those big beautiful eyes. I walked around her staring up and down with the biggest grin on my face I've ever achieved. She was a bit difficult at first but quickly warmed up to me. It wasn't long before I had her purring and responding to my slightest touch. I knew I had to be gentle but I could feel her longing to take things so much faster. Hours passed in what seemed like minutes and before I knew it we were saying our goodbyes. Even though I'd see her in the morning I knew I'd never forget MY FIRST RIDE ON "MY" BIKE! :lol:

Man talk about fun....600 mile break is going to be hell, I get to the recommended 4k rpms and I can just feeeeeel the bike wanting to surge forward and just take off down the road, but I must resist. I had such a blast that I didn't even seem to notice the 34 degree weather in my mesh gloves/jacket(haven't bought cold gear yet heh).

Congrats! She's a cute little thing, isn't she? Wait 'til you meet her big sister!! :twisted:

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Whaaat? There's a SISTER???? :eek: :eek: :shock:

Congrats man. Ride safe!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts

.............and it gets better.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's it - in my next life I'm coming back as a motorcycle!! Pant, pant!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did another 80 miles today just around where I live, now I have a mad fever/headache because I rode around in the barely above freezing weather for 5 hours >.>;; So worth it though, its supposed to rain tomorrow anyways :D

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Dude! 80 miles in 5 hours?? Were you only riding in school zones?

Don't worry, the break-in will be over soon and then look out world!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude! 80 miles in 5 hours?? Were you only riding in school zones?

Don't worry, the break-in will be over soon and then look out world!
Yeah, most of it was through my neighborhood, 25 mph heh. I swear I did about 70 laps at least, theres a lot of stop signs/hills/curvy bits/kids around so at least it was pretty interesting. Ventured out a few times and hit the 45 mph roads but that made me way tempted to open the throttle up and toss my break in plans out the non existant window, MOM says don't take it past 4000 rpms but I cheated a bit, takes 5k to get to 45mph:-D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh snap, first biker wave(I think the guys on the cruisers were surprised to see a sportbiker wave at em) and first bug on my face shield today, the grins never stop.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
AAaahhhh, nothing like your first bug!

I find sport bikers will wave more than H riders . . .

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
AAaahhhh, nothing like your first bug!

I find sport bikers will wave more than H riders . . .
Around these parts it's the opposite, even on my FJR ST.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts