Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The horn on my 96 vulcan 1500L was sounding pretty pathetic. Very weak and you couldn't hardly hear it. So I took it off to see if a bug had built a nest in it or something but they hadnt. Put it back on and now nothing. The fuse is fine, and getting juice to the horn, I tested with volt meter. So anybody have any suggestions for this horn, or for a cooler after market horn. I would rather not mess with compressors for air horns. Thanks for the replies. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
sounds like the horn has died. i've looked at after market horn sets for my car. i don't know if you'd have the room for them (compressor or electric). just swing down to a auto parts store. you should be able to replace it for $10-$15

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem....On the back of my horns (dual) there is a little screw that you can turn in or out and this will change the volume and tone a little but it will get you by in a pinch....I thought it was just cause my bike is old and they were worn out but now You can hear the horn over my Vance & Hines at 8000 RPM.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
HORN

Get a quote from our sponsor so that they can keep our forum running...it's cheap either way...Beartooth Kawasaki is a great place, and they do provide us with what we have...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

well it finally came up :lol: sorry mama kaw but your horns rank right there with your seats :roll: do-do :lol: , i bet i've seen more horns fail on kawi's
than any other part on their bikes :lol:

replace it with a 12volt marine horn-you can get some really nice ones
that are stainless steel and very small and loud as hell! :wink:

·
Registered
91 Posts
mine was dead when I got my bike. A few light taps with the plastic end of a screwdriver fixed it. I imagine this prolly only works on bikes that sit outside a few years with no use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts