Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8) Sorry, I don't know what else to call it...

It's a month old with 1100 miles on it.

The only mod so far is the Maier Mfg. chin scoop, which I had to modify heavily.

This is the best handling large bike I've ever owned. I'm kind of tall, so this is important- I can't fit on sportbikes any more... knees don't bend.

I chose the Suzuki version because I liked the rear fender better.

I love this bike. Thanks, Kawasaki!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Nice bike, you killed two birds with this one stone, that is we see your ride and we see a pic of you. Now you don't need to post in the people pic post :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
458 Posts
I better check the garage and see if mine is still there. :lol: :lol:

Sharp ride. Same color as mine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I think this is the first bike I ever had that merged sportbike with cruiser so effectively. I've been looking for a while. I can fit on it, and the handling keeps me interested... It sure is a lot more comfortable than the Gixxer i used to have.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yes sir - fine job on the scoop :shock: bikes looks great even with the rear fender :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Oh, that rear fender... It's ironic that the Suzuki version of this bike has the flipped up rear fender, instead of the downward curved one on the Mean Streak.

Why is it ironic? Because it reminds me of two of my favorite Kawasakis- my '77 KZ1000, and my '91 Zephyr 750.

So I bought the Marauder. :roll: I like the '70's look of that rear fender.

Something else funny. A Harley guy I ride with (once in a while) was needling me about the name. "Marauder?", he said. "What's that, supposed to sound tough?" I said I thought it sounded better than "Fat Boy", which is what he rides... :lol: That shut him up.

Heck, I like the name. One of my favorite all-time WWII aircraft was the B-26 Marauder. What could be better?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Right on risdo !!! Great Bike. Love that scoop. Did it come with the bike or did you add it yourself? If you added it yourself, where did you get it?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maier Mfg. You can Google them. It's just a generic sportbike scoop.

I had to re-drill the holes, cut the sides to fit around the control brackets, and get real creative with the mounting brackets.

But it worked. :wink: 8)

It's not perfect. It's off a bit here and there. I'll probably buy another one sooner or later and fix my mistakes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts