Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
WOW! Another KZ1000P and here in Illinois no less. I'm in Dekalb county, NW of Chicago. I love my KZP. Drove it all over Arizona last month. It's at my folks house in Lake Havasu City and I'll be going back in January to do some work on it. Any excuse to get away from another Illinois winter.

Maybe we could start the Donkey Police Motor Corp. There are a few other KZ1000P owners here.

It's great to see another nice KZP. I love it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Those are great bikes, it's good to see one in good shape and standing tall. Are the colored lenses gone?
All the police gear was removed when I bought it. The red/blue lenses are replaced with yellows and the flasher is disconnected.

BILLHILLY, keep an eye on ebay. I see these seats all the time. There are also a few dealers in CA that sell nothing but police Kaws so finding parts is a snap.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great looking ride! I have a 99 that I am putting some final touches on and will post a pic or two when it's done. I got the seat redone in straight black vinyl by a local guy for $100.00 nice work. Ride with care, that mothers quick!:cool:

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,948 Posts
Dang but you did a great job on that bike, looks awesom.

Makes me want one now. I'd considered a KZ1000P a while ago, then dismissed it, now I'm reconsidering.

I'm only kidding myself though, it may still be a while before I ever see another Bike in my garage, but I have dreams. ;-)

·
Registered
63 Posts
My biggest problem with the police bike is that my wife calls it a Holstein! (black and white) I might have to make up new decals for the "cowasaki" maybe put "mooooooooooveover on the front. Keep hoofing u-all!

·
In my own little world
33 Posts
Lovin life on mine too. Bought mine in Annapolis MD, and rode it home to Florida- 1250+ in 4 days. A great bike, really comfy.... and instantly recognizable ( for better or worse) LOL If Im in rain gear, people act really funny

I've drilled out the pipes at the tip, and it didnt make too much of a noise diff, but helped the motor. the originals are a great look, but.....Im going to get a 4-1 to let it scream.

Replaced the windshield with a shaved one, but kept the original. I like both for different times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does Anyone know where I could get one of those old "CHiPS" bikes, like 1970-1980's? I thought it would be really cool to have one, doesnt have to be exact ones but I was thing like something similar, maybe something to fix up, found one last night on ebay, but i guess the auction closed like a week ago.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does Anyone know where I could get one of those old "CHiPS" bikes, like 1970-1980's?
There is a dealer in CA who sells nothing but KZ police bikes. It's very possible the auction you saw was from this dealer since they sell bikes on ebay all the time.

I can't vouch for them since I bought my KZP from a private seller but this is their website. Looks like they have plenty of bikes instock to me :-D

Hollywood Motors

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.