Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

my license test

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  heffjay9000 
#1 ·
I had a 750 yamaha up until around 98, when I sold it I was working in Nashville at Dell as Tech Support. I had my license renewed and because I didn't have a bike I let them take the "m" validation off. I had 5 years from that point to renew them. November was 5 years according to the d.o.t.. Now I have to retake the da@n thing.:( Dont laugh. I am sure it will help my old rusty skills and everything but I hate tests. In my preperation I was wondering if anyone had any links to sites that will give me a study guide on the written and riding tests. I am in Tennessee but I am sure any state would be similar. Thanks to anyone who will help me out in this cranial crisis :) Ride safe everyone.

#3 ·
http://www.tennessee.gov/safety/handbook.html

it's the tennessee Department of Safety Handbook and Driver Study Guide site. the bottom link should be the motorcycle handbook. I have the Florida equiv of this page stored on my favorites and it's the first thing that came to mind when you asked for a link. hope it helps

#4 ·
thanks so much

Thanks for the tips guys, I already downloaded the pdf file of the manual, but its so vauge about the test. If I cant find any resources that give actual test tips, after I take mine I will write and post a guide to the tennessee test to help new riders prepare. Kind of a cliff notes. Not a cheat guide by any means. We need well educated riders on the roads these days more than ever. Dangerous out there. I will take any feedback and tips on the guide if any of you want to contribute.:) Sound cool?

#6 ·
thanks heff, thats what I was looking for. I will be sure and use it to help me prepare.

"Duuuuuuude, you're being very dude-like..." is that from the great lebowski?:)

#7 ·
I took the practice tests and only missed 2, so I guess the daily studying is paying off. One thing, I thought you weren't required to wear a helmet in cali.?

#9 ·
ninja250r said:
I took the practice tests and only missed 2, so I guess the daily studying is paying off. One thing, I thought you weren't required to wear a helmet in cali.?
Helmets requirred in the peoples republic. It was nice when we had a choice!

#11 ·
that was a great movie. Its been a while since I took the cycle test, hope I dont fumble it too bad. Cops make me nervous anyways. :razz: Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.