Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following the postings now since about mid-July since I sold the HD and bought the Mean Streak. What a great bike! I honestly believe it is the best all around cruiser on the market. Just thought it was time to post a picture so everyone can tell me how special it is. I do appreciate reading all your comments. It currently has the windshield on since its getting a little chilly here in Wisconsin.

Take Care Everyone,

Jeff

·
Registered
837 Posts
cool cruizer there jeff...love the flames :wink:

·
Registered
186 Posts
JeffQ - Very nice bike. I also have a Mean Streak and love it.

Question - What kind of windshield to you have? It looks like a Memphis Shades. Do you get much buffeting? I have a Memphis Shades windshield and it helps block the wind from my upper body, but there is some buffeting above about 50 mph. I think I need to experiment with different heights and angles to make it better, but I'm curious what your experience is.

Also, I like your pipes. Is it a Muzzy's exhaust?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice bike Jeff!!
What aircleaner you running? Does it stick out far? I have a Hypercharger and want to change it because of the distance it hangs out.
Chromework so shiney you can see yourself in it hey :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quetions

To MeanieRider

The exhaust is V&H Pro Pipe. I'm really happy with them. Louder than stock but no too loud (just my preference) and great performance.

The windshied is the Memphis Shades Big Shot. I do need to keep the mounting brackets as high as possible. If I lower them I also get buffeting. Its pretty easy to put your hand above your head and see at what point it gets bad. I'm 6'1" about 230. There is a lot of wind that comes up around the tank too.

To Aussie1:

I have the Thunder Mfg aircleaner. It does not stick out that far but it is more enlongated than stock so your knee will most likely contact it when stopped. When running and you are on the pegs, my leg sits gently against it. I have heard the round style from Thunder Mfg is pretty close to stock in terms of comfort. The tear drop doesn't really bother me much and I like the looks.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
very nice bike!

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's looking good!

I like the flames & chome extras..

Looks like the passenger gets a raw deal, however.. :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi JeffQ

Nice Bike!!
Is the Air Cleaner Exposed on the Thunder Kit?

DfgPilot

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To dfgpilot:

The air cleaner is exposed. However, they sell a black nylon cover that fits over the air cleaner. It's purpose is to protect the air cleaner from the elements but it also hides the air cleaner if you don't like the look. Since I ride my bike to work, I occasionally get a little damp so I have it on my bike. They did a good job with it. It looks nice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Jeff

Thanks for the info. I only installed the K&N Ail Filter on my Nomad with the Cobra Pipes. I'm sure I could get a few more ponies by increasing the Air Intake Flow. I kinda like the stock look on my ride though.

Nice Paint work!!

DfgPilot

·
Registered
148 Posts
Jeff cool ride dude, what are those crome bullits at the end of your forks? Very trick where and how much?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sweet, nice rad. shroud. THX.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts