Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a twelve step program to fight accessorism?

It started out slow.....just a backrest. Then it became bar risers. I couldn't stop there either. A luggage rack, engine guards, highway pegs, cup holder....I can no longer control myself. I find myself thinking of my next fix, but it won't be enough either. I have just enough self-restraint to at least limit myself to those accessories I deem necessary for comfort or functionality. But I think I'm slipping. I dream of chrome just for chrome's sake.

I look around the forum, and I see that I'm not the only one suffering from this illness. What is it about motorcycles that we become so pasionate about them? I think we need group therapy.

Dennis

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a twelve step program to fight accessorism? ,,,,,,,,What is it about motorcycles that we become so pasionate about them? I think we need group therapy.

Dennis
Don't ask me !! I'm still fighting coffeeholism! Yes, I'm a coffee-holic!

heheheh

:D
Aif

·
Biking Old Timer
445 Posts
I started with a gel seat, then a backrest, luggage rack, freeway bars, passenger floorboards, soft luggage, chrome strebel horn. It just goes on and on, I have no self control either. Lets start that 12 step Program. Accessoholics Anonymous. "Hi I'm Pete and I'm an Accessoholic", would that be the way the meeting starts? Oh well I need more chrome and bling of any kind. I can't stop now.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Any questions?

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
I started the same way. 1st the gel seat, then Phat II's, Then the overdrive sprocket. plus I had to have the Hyway bars/crash bars. Then I noticed I had 3 coffee cup holders and NO GPS! (Yes I stop a lot!)
Oh the shame of it all.

Aif

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Hi my name is Larry and I am an accessorolic!
I haven't even got my 900 yet (though it is coming) and I have already picked out at least a dozen add-ons.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hello my name Is Vic I to am a accessorlic!

Some one plese hep me, att the rate I am going, I will be boke and credit cards maxed. And my Custom 900 will way twcie as mudh~ Cant even speal its gitten so bas bad!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Marry Christmas to all.
Hello my name Is Dmitriy I am a accessorlic!
YES! YES! YES!
Two days ago I bought a nice leather jacket
and I'm waiting for more stuff to come.
I don't want to stop, but I have to.
How ?

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Hi, my name is Chris, but I'm not an accessorholic... honestly all my friends and family wanted bling for a 900 custom. wink wink nudge nudge say no more... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
i think you're onto something here. i haven't even been able to get the new bike on the road and i have $825 worth of accessories i want to buy.
I can come back up, help you load it back on the truck, and we can go for a 2-up "ride" around the valley in your truck with the Harley in the back to give it some fresh air.... kinda like a puppy hanging it's head out the window :biggrin:

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Guilty as well!!! Here's some absurd rationalization, maybe we can chew on this for a while:

Motorcycles are our home away from homes. So, since a house always needs "something" done to it (a fix here, an improvement there, etc), so do motorcycles.

How's that sound? Probably as weak as the rest of the "reasons" we obsess over our beloved bikes... Hey, maybe that's it. Because we love our beloved bikes???

Oh hell, who knows why we become accessorholics...but there's certainly worse things to become addicted to.

Daryl:smile:

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Guilty as well!!! Here's some absurd rationalization, maybe we can chew on this for a while:

Motorcycles are our home away from homes. So, since a house always needs "something" done to it (a fix here, an improvement there, etc), so do motorcycles.

How's that sound? Probably as weak as the rest of the "reasons" we obsess over our beloved bikes... Hey, maybe that's it. Because we love our beloved bikes???

Oh hell, who knows why we become accessorholics...but there's certainly worse things to become addicted to.

Daryl:smile:

PS- forthcoming mods: CaddmannQ's dual air intake mod, PhatII risers, Scootworks extended brake pedal, grips/throttle boss/stilletto's, fork caps, tank bra, highway bar chaps.... Oh man, I've got it bad again!!!;)

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
I can come back up, help you load it back on the truck, and we can go for a 2-up "ride" around the valley in your truck with the Harley in the back to give it some fresh air.... kinda like a puppy hanging it's head out the window :biggrin:
I can just see that. 2 guys on a Harley in the back of a pickup , barking at on coming cars! :shock: :lol: :lol:

hehehe

Aif

1 - 20 of 36 Posts