Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

It has been a LONG time since I visited. I was in Iraq, then leave, then school, then busy, then school again... LOL

Anyway, I figured I would drop by and show everyone my new ride. The exhaust is a used one that I picked up on Saturday. Not too loud, but offers just enough in volume and power to make it just right for me. :D

PIC:

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
awesome.
love the colour.

get that exhaust powdercoated! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the exhaust finish doesn't exactly go with the bike. I am considering something. I will have to check into powder coating, too. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
+1 on powder coating. I don't think it's too expensive really as long as you don't have to pay for shipping. I found a place that would powder coat both my wheels for $120 and I would think your exhaust would cost less than that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should hope so. Much less involved in prep AND less surface area to cover. Now I just have to sell my wife on the idea. She digs the bling.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
wlecome home safe from OIF, been there done that. enjoy the nice new ride....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. This was tour # 3 for me. I thought it might be the last, but as I see and hear about operations over there, it makes me question that. Hey, at least it's not like WWI and II, where you left and had no idea when you were getting back and had to rely on snail mail.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
i was there in Desert Storm, 1994 for Operation Southern watch, 1999 MSO ops in the NAg and OIF ...after my CO tour in 2004 in OIF i had enough of politics over warfighting....see ya and punched out

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The M4 exhaust that I was looking at (LIKE THIS) is super sexy, but from reading and listening and watching videos on youtube (a poor indicator, but it's data), it would have been louder than I wanted. From what I understand, it's not the loudest out there, but to quote a dude on another kawasaki message board, he said, "I don't like all the attention I was getting with it." That was enough for me really.

It'll be a while before I do anything with the Yoshi, from an aesthetic standpoint. I don't really mind the bling (truth be told, I don't care one way or another). It's not exactly what I want, but it works.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Loud? ~ Nah! ~ And even it is, don't loud pipes save lives? (sorry, I had to go there). ~ Truth be told, I've heard it's a little loud, but there are so many loud HD's in my area and in California, I'm not worried about it. ~ Enjoy your new bike. I've got over 10,000 miles on mine and I absolutely love it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts