Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is "Holy $#!^ :D " Love this thing. Only put around 60 miles on it today. About half that was 2 up. I'm 5'8" built like a fire plug and 200 lbs. My wife of 36yrs is 5'10" and 140. With a full tank of gas I figure it was pulling and easy 1000 lbs. Took the mountains around here in 5th gear like they were ant hills. Were talking some that are over a mile from bottom to top and never once felt the need to down shift to 4th. Handled great at speed and going slow on my 1/4mile gravel driveway. Only had one problem and it effected my wife and I both. That was an excessive dry mouth. Seems all that grinning at speed will dry the membranes out in your mouth something awfull. Bet everyone that passed us thought we'd been up to some kind of mischief :wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

looks great :wink: i got the same bike

only thing i want to figure out is how to fill in that gap under the frame
where the goat belly used to be - that's the ONLY thing i don't like.
i'm looking at a way to mount a toolbox or storage compartment
under there to fill it it-i think it could be done-we'll see :wink:

ride safe!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Omega5 - Nice looking bike!! Thanks for the pics!!

bikeaholic - I'll be curious to see what you come up with. I agree, the bike looks a bit pinched in the middle from the left side. And hey, a guy can always use some storage space!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i'm gonna get a small leather tool bag/handlebar bag,one that measures just right to fill up that gap
make a couple of L brackets out of steel strap and put a frame inside the bag to firm it up -then mount those brackets up underneath to the swingarm
so the bag will move with the swingarm-just got to leave enough clearance
for the shaft
i saw this done to a bike recently and it seems like the perfect solution to
fill that in,have more storage,and it looked good too :wink:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice bike, Omega. Sounds like you are in love with that machine!! :) The only bad thing about grinning that much is the bugs dry on the teeth like bits of concrete...... :x
Bike, I like the tool pouch idea. Do you actually have your new bike now?

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's one sharp bike. The white color makes that tank look huge.. Congrats.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

not yet :( -be here friday or monday - i hope friday cause i already got
parts in the garage for it :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hmm..... new parts in garage? Nothing chrome, I bet. :wink: Looks like you will have to take the "stock as a rock" out of your sig...... :roll:

Have fun.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts