Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of your help, I just finished these 18's.
Sorry the quality of the photo isnt so great, I shot right before a storm rolled in.
Give me your thoughts please good or bad! The blind spot mirror is on there because I cant see anything out of the one I purchased, quick fix I suppose.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Hey, that looks pretty cool, I loved the Apes on my old cruiser. Have you tried hanging a short mirror under the grip? I've seen some other guys with Apes using that mirror placement before.

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
As odd as it sounds...I have a eyeball mirror on my lt side and not the rt and that's the way I like it. The apes look great. Have you ridden it yet? I was sold on mine as soon as I pulled out of my driveway.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah steering is much easier once you get use to it, because it is a bit different. The ride is 10x more comfortable! I'll be putting apes on all of my applicable future rides!

·
Off to see the Wizard!
162 Posts
hey there,
Those apes look real cool! Are they higher than shoulder height for you? Did you try any lower size prior to choosing these?
Cheers,

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No the apes are right at my shoulder height, maybe a smidgen over, if at all. I rode a few friends bikes with 12'' 16'' and 17'' and so the 18'' were the best for me. Im 6'1'' with longer arms than most, yeah im half silverback gorilla, so theses work really well.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Now all you need is a whip, fishtail pipes and a bad attitude and you will fit the ape rider scenario.:cool:

I know this sounds weird, but people treat you different when you ride with apes. You get more waves from HD riders...........I guess they think that you are one of "them". I even got my picture taken, the other day, on the freeway. It was either, because of my bike or my shockingly good looks.

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
I ordered some taller bars for my bike, and got to talking to the shop about seats. He had the same model as mine with a corbin on it and let me sit on it. Well, it also had apes (16" I think) and **** it was comfortable! I only have 13" on the way, but I really liked having my arms up that high. I was surprised how well it felt.

BTW, the bike looks good! :)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
.................................. I was surprised how well it felt.
Don't you know that it's not supposed to feel good. The blood is supposed to run out of your arms. You'll end up poking your eye out when you run into a tree, because you just can't possibly control a bike with apes.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Very clean looking, I wonder how these 18" apes looks with someone on it..
And what rfb92345 above says is true.
People treat you different with apes, especially if they are at least above your shoulders.
HD people greet me a lot more too + bystanders give me that highly suspicious look, like oh..here comes trouble..

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Why can't I post a pic?.........I was going to show what a nice friendly guy I look like.

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
People treat you different with apes, especially if they are at least above your shoulders.
HD people greet me a lot more too + bystanders give me that highly suspicious look, like oh..here comes trouble..
Yep, I've noticed that too. 8)
Lets see if it changes even more after I've debadged mine...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well, I noticed that a black bike with apes in combination with black leather gives a bit too much attitude.
After I figurely saw the scared looks of children and families almost piling sandbags in front of their door, I changed my clothing into something sportyier, bystander-friendly.
There are good things about the apes appearance, unlike BMW riders etc. there is no harrasment or aggression of cardrivers, they wouldn't dare...
If they would only know that I would sit at home with a cup of tea, a biscuit and a lollypop..
And oh, Rubbe, before I forget.
It looks like I can make it to Apen in July..

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I have also noticed that when splitting lanes, in stopped traffic, people move over more readily.................yeah, really.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts