1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lets Ride 08 900 Custom
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
Is the hardware permanent? That broken collar bone thing happened to a buddy of mine over in Europe. The docs told him all would be fine, but a few weeks later he had to have surgery because a chunk of bone migrated down into his pec.:eek: Maybe they just didn't want to hassle with trying to get paid by an American insurance company.:lol:

·
Retired High Miler
1,209 Posts
collar bone

Is the hardware permanent? That broken collar bone thing happened to a buddy of mine over in Europe. The docs told him all would be fine, but a few weeks later he had to have surgery because a chunk of bone migrated down into his pec.:eek: Maybe they just didn't want to hassle with trying to get paid by an American insurance company.:lol:
Are you saying that they repair collar bone breaks??
A friend who broke his collar bone in a motorcycle accident seven weeks ago was over a couple of nights ago. He showed us his collar bone, which was not set at all. the broken ends overlap a couple of inches and make a big bulge. He broke the other collar bone 6 years ago and it wasn't set either. He has an incision over the break, which he thinks was to remove bone frogments, but he can't say for sure as he was unconcious at the time.

·
Lets Ride 08 900 Custom
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I broke the other one into 3 pieces 25 years ago and that one they just put me in a clavical brace, basicly a figure8 around the sholders pulling towards the back. This time it was the other side and the bones were overlapped and seperated by a little over an inch. Dr. said it would take forever to heal if at all, gave me the option for some hardware to speed up the process, i jumped at the chance and here I am 4 weeks later begining to use my left arm again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.