Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a decent Icon mesh Hooligan jacket and a HJC Snell/DOT helmet. They have served me well thus far and are still holding up but I got the bug for new gear. I have been doing a bit of looking around...I have decided it is time to upgrade to leather instead of the mesh I currently have. I have been drooling over a few different leather jackets! Time and time again I seem to come back to Icon even though I have heard that they are overpriced and I tend to agree. I just can't help it, I dig their stuff! I looked at Icon, Alpinestars, Joe Rocket, Cortech, Scorpion, and Vanson Leathers. I ended up getting an Icon Leather after all. I admit it was pricey....but man I wanted it! New helmet too :)

It is their "Motorhead Skull' in black. Removable liner with removable CE armor in the shoulders, elbows, and back. Ventilated leather in arms. 1.2/1.4mm leather with multiple vents and adjustable waist and arms. I thought that the embroidered black on black skull and crossbones on the upper vents were a nice touch. MSRP of 600.00 but there was no way I was going to pay that! Picked it up for 360.00 shipped. I do wish it had a zipper around the waist to attach pants to...but o-well I guess. I sure hope she holds up.

Helmet is also Icon. They had a matching helmet to the jacket, but this one is much cooler! It is their "Mainframe Subhuman" in Gray. Snell and DOT of course. A lot better looking and higher quality than my current HJC. MSRP of 280.00 but I found it shipped for about 190.00. I ended up paying a bit more than I wanted to, but I love this gear! Now if I can just get that new bike I keep drooling over! So what do ya think? :biggrin:

Jacket:

Back ( I thought it was all embroidered, but the white bones are white leather and the gray around the Icon logo is gray leather, not stitching.)

Front (I especially like the black on black logos...a nice touch)

Arms (just my style)

Helmet:

Front View (Notice the cool skull liner :mrgreen: )

Side View

Happy me!

-Sebastian

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
That's some cool lookin' gear, Sebastian. That helmet reminds me of the artwork from Aeon Flux.

So what bike you droolin' over?

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fret,
Well, I have to admit I have been looking at four bikes. The Triumph Daytona 675 and Street Triple are right up there. I also keep eyeballing the new CBR 600RR which is supposed to be phenomenal. And of course the no longer available 636. I can get an '05-'06 636 the cheapest and still ride team green so I think I know which one I want. LOL I feel like I just can't go another season on the bike I have. I am scrimping and saving! :mrgreen:
-Seb

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
That Daytona 675 really makes me drool too. And I read it whooped all comers on a track test (in its class) and for only 8k!

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
Love the jacket. Thinking really hard about an Icon Jacket ive seen. not sure the name but had playing cards on it i believe.

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Only one person responded? What do I smell or something? *sniffs his shirt*

Love the jacket and the helmet!....they are both really sweet!...but honestly... you should really do something about those teeth!!:mrgreen: Go get braces or something!!! :tongue:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Icon is the way to go!! Great stuff Sebastian :) So cool!!
Not too sure if the 'safety' part of their jackets match up with brands like Alpinestars or Dainese, etc... but it should be enough if u're not some crazy speed demon doing stunts on the main streets. I've had enough mishaps myself and my Joe Rocket jacket served me well. Would hv cried buckets if i was wearing my pink leather Icon Kitty jacket tho. Not because i would be injured but more that my jacket would be scraped. hehehe...

c_law, that icon jacket with the playing cards on it is cool too. Did u read the story behind the design? Man! Sure gives me the creeps.

I'm getting my HJC helmet custom painted by a friend back home. Going to be pink with a b&w skull on the left and an angel on the right side, on pink background.

Hey.. i hope all of you hv some kind of knee protection too. I know too many guys who've had their kneecaps busted due to riding mishaps. Get them knees protected, k? I know from experience that kneeguards really work.
Oops. going off topic...

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
The Icon gear is beautiful stuff, but outa my price point for leathers.

What sucks is that I love their skull designs. The Mainframe helmet "Fusion skull" is the one I want....

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Love the jacket. Thinking really hard about an Icon Jacket ive seen. not sure the name but had playing cards on it i believe.
That would be the dead mans hand jacket. It is rediculiously cool. I was also looking at that one but then my girlfriend saw it and wants it for herself. I tell her it is made for a man but she just doesn't care! :)
-S

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the jacket and the helmet!....they are both really sweet!...but honestly... you should really do something about those teeth!!:mrgreen: Go get braces or something!!! :tongue:
LOL sorry I have quite the toothy grin! :mrgreen:

Ahh I almost got the matching mainframe helmet pictured by cycledude but then I saw this helmet and HAD to have it. :)
-S

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're decked out Seb! Always exciting to get new gear :)
Holy canoli Svet! How the heck are you? I haven't seen you around in some time. Thanks for the compliment...I actually got to try out the new gear...and this jacket and helmet is sooooo much better than my other gear. I rode in 30'ish degree weather and wasn't really cold. And of course the new '06 V-Strom 650 I temporarily "stole" was nice too. New bike here I come! :)
-Seb

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Icon gear is beautiful stuff, but outa my price point for leathers.

What sucks is that I love their skull designs. The Mainframe helmet "Fusion skull" is the one I want....

Yeah this is the helmet I was a click away from ordering...it matches my jacket perfectly. Once I saw this helmet I decided on....I HAD to have it, matching or not. :)
-Seb

·
Registered
199 Posts
yea nice helmet my riding partner has the exact 1, and his cousin has the black skull, i jus got the Lime green Icon mainframe to go with my icon Jacket and my bike lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts