Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went and picked up my new just built 2007 V2K today! I also learned a few things along the way.
1. I doubt I will be riding the 900 to much any more.
2. Be careful borrowing a trailer from a harley rider. The trailer I borrowed is a great v nose with 2 wheel chocks. only problem is the 150 front tire would barely fit. it took pushing and pulling to get it to squeeze in, and that was ther larger of the two chocks. I guess even their trailers can't keep up with a V2K.
Now I just need some warmer weather to melt the ice on my driveway and street so I can ride.
I will add pics tomorrow if I can get them out of my camera. only ones I have now are of it sadly strapped into the trailer for the ride home.

Attachments

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
So I went and picked up my new just built 2007 V2K today! I also learned a few things along the way.
1. I doubt I will be riding the 900 to much any more.
2. Be careful borrowing a trailer from a harley rider. The trailer I borrowed is a great v nose with 2 wheel chocks. only problem is the 150 front tire would barely fit. it took pushing and pulling to get it to squeeze in, and that was ther larger of the two chocks. I guess even their trailers can't keep up with a V2K.
Now I just need some warmer weather to melt the ice on my driveway and street so I can ride.
I will add pics tomorrow if I can get them out of my camera. only ones I have now are of it sadly strapped into the trailer for the ride home.
Congrats on the new ride. 8)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Congrats on becoming the owner of one awesome stump puller. I enjoyed a 100 mile ride on mine today after it sat in the garage all winter. What a power house!

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Yay, I'm no longer the newest member of the club.

It's a beast compared to the 900. Turning will have to be relearned and the shift point will feel wrong. I keep hitting the rev-limiter.

Yesterday I took the 900 out for a ride, it feels like a dirt bike, now.

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
I think you're gonna' like it! Congrats! Got my belt adjusted, and oil changed yesterday. (New tires, and I put in a dual bearing hub) Finally down off the stand. Temps to be in the 40's today. Hope to get out to try out the new shoes.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I predict you are going to love it. Then each time you go out you are going to love it even more. and congratulations.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
I got mine out yesterday, and about to head out today. Hadn't started it in almost 5 months. Checked the fluids, pumped up the front tire, and headed out.

There is nothing better!!

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
I just went to shawnlattimer.com. Holy crap you're a big mfkr! No wonder you ride a rogue...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Congrats. I would love to become a member of the v2k club. Why would you ever want to ride a little 900 again when you now have a beast?

·
oldbiker
49 Posts
You're going to love the v2k. As far as I'm concerned,there isn't another v-twin out there like it,that a working mans wages can buy. Welcome to the club. Oh,by the way,If you read Rider mag,check out the latest issue,article(Michigan my Michigan)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Added pics and finally got home. Dang snow!!! I want to ride!!

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
I just went to shawnlattimer.com. Holy crap you're a big mfkr! No wonder you ride a rogue...
Its the only bike i have found that is comfortable with no big modifications. all I really did was a Mustang seat with backrest.

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
Hey, I met the guy in person. It's all done with mirrors.:tongue:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts