Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my 1997 Vulcan Classic 800, and have purchased a 2003 Vulcan Classic 1500 with 5400 miles on it. Here is a pic of the actual bike I will be picking up probably over the weekend.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave. The only thing now is that I have to wait until April of 08 to get to ride it. It's going to be a long winter lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice 1500 dudester.. I'd like to get a pair of those floorboards for mine once I reinstall the pax seat. Think about finishing off that tank seam with some black or chrome trim. I did it to mine and looks much better.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice 1500 dudester.. I'd like to get a pair of those floorboards for mine once I reinstall the pax seat. Think about finishing off that tank seam with some black or chrome trim. I did it to mine and looks much better.
Thanks, and you read my mind traderjaxx, I had added the chrome trim to my old 97 Vulcan 800, and did both fenders as well. It'll be the first thing I do to the 1500 in the Spring. Other than maybe getting a light bar, it doesn't need much as far as accessories, at least not right away. If I'm not mistaken, the engine guard seems to be the same as a Nomad's engine guard. The tube size is definitely bigger than the standard, and if you look closely, there is no bottom horizontal bar going to the other side, which the regular 1500 engine guards are like. Don't know if it's a plus or a minus, but if it's good enough for a Nomad, I guess it'll be just as good on a Classic.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Cool beans, nice looking ride you have there.
Too bad about the 4 month hibernation. I'm tired of the "winter" already, and it's only snowed once here so far.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool beans, nice looking ride you have there.
Too bad about the 4 month hibernation. I'm tired of the "winter" already, and it's only snowed once here so far.
Thanks neighbor, here too we only had one dumping of the white stuff. I am so looking forward to going to Port Dover this June for the Friday the 13th ride

·
Registered
98 Posts
I do see that on the engine guard, probably either or, no difference.
Being in the low 70's here, I'll ride for a month longer at least. I'll put a few miles on for ya'll...........

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do see that on the engine guard, probably either or, no difference.
Being in the low 70's here, I'll ride for a month longer at least. I'll put a few miles on for ya'll...........
Now that ain't nice dude, rubbing it in like that lol. Can't say I blame you though, cause if I were where you are, I'd probably rub it in to the northener's too. ;)

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Congratulations!

Nice trade-up, she's a beauty, and pre-blinged a bit too. :D

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Sweet ride Dudester!

I feel for ya, I just bought a 1500 04' Vulcan, and I won't be riding it for a few months or so either :mad: Heck, it's 20* below w/ the windchill right now! We also have the white stuf on the ground too.
Congrats again, looks very nice!

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What exactly is a "pax" seat ?

Thanks Greg, Isn't the 04 FI ? If so, ya gotta love that. Any pics of your beast ?

Thanks CycleDude

·
Registered
98 Posts
Now that ain't nice dude, rubbing it in like that lol. Can't say I blame you though, cause if I were where you are, I'd probably rub it in to the northener's too. ;)
Sorry Dudster, didn't mean to "winterize" the conversation... I have my bike in solo config at the moment, I'll switch to the "1 up" next spring. ( in my line of work we call passengers "pax"(s).

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yah I'll be able to ride solo as well as the separates for solo or with the pilon.
I couldn't do that with my Mustang Touring seat that I had on my 800, although I know Mustang do make such a seat.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The only thing I miss is the backrest... I'm in the process of trying to mod a bracket for it. It normally slides into the front of the other seat.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
What exactly is a "pax" seat ?

Thanks Greg, Isn't the 04 FI ? If so, ya gotta love that. Any pics of your beast ?

Thanks CycleDude
Hi Dudester!
No, it's carbed'
Yes, here is a pic. I recently did all the studding myself, and I bought some leather yesterday, and am putting together fringe runners/ for my floorboards> Here;s some pics....
Your new ride is really sharp!

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
Got the same bike in the same colors with a few more miles on it. Been a great bike and one that will do anything you ask of it.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Gratz Dudester!! She's a fine lookin scoot for sure!! :biggrin:

Rid'er safe.......next spring that is!! 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts