Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

My Other Bike is.....errrrr.......A TANK!!!

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  alec 
#1 ·
Tilo Niebel and his gents at the Harzer Bike company in Germany, upon finding they had a tank engine to play with, decided that of all the more reasonable things they could build, they should construct a giant WWII German motorbike with sidecar.

The engine comes from a Soviet T-55 tank, which was a diesel V12 with 620 HP. Note the CCCP and crest at the front of the sidecar, which adorns the front of the hood from a Soviet truck. Even better, check out that anvil hood ornament.

The bike is almost 19 feet long, over 9 feet wide, and weighs 9,480 pounds. That means if you tip it, you'll need the assistance of a wrecker to get it back up. If the Jolly Green Giant decides to go badass, his ride has arrived. Makes the Jagged Edge look decidedly mundane by comparison.

There's a scion of Dr. Frankenstein out there somewhere, digging, chopping, cutting, welding, twisting auto parts into entirely new combinations. The man behind the UK shop Custom Mettle is one of them. Having a 5.3-liter Jaguar V12 with nothing to do, he added a few drinks (for himself), and go the idea to build this: the Jagged Edge.

But the V12 alone, obviously, wouldn't be enough -- so he swiped two turbos off of a Peugeot diesel engine, and bolted those on as well. He threw in the middle gearbox from a Yamaha XS1100, clutch and pressure plate from a Land Rover 110, release bearing from a Land Rover Freelander, and the front and rear wheels from a Kawasaki GPZ1000RX, the the The result: 400 BHP and 400 lb-ft. On two wheels. Or, in other words: freakish madness.

It's for sale in the UK, it needs some work, and it's not registered, but it's only three thousand pounds. That's pretty cheap for the chance to indulge your Road Warrior fantasies on Frankenstein's monster.

See less See more
#9 ·
Hmm a cold war era tank engine in a WW2 bike replica...sacrialige. LOL but I hope that mortar shell on the front frame rail is inert.

When I was working the gate at an Airbase in Germany we would always have farmers bringing up artillery and dumb bombs to the gate from where they found them while plowing thier fields.

Once a old farmer drove up on his tractor towing a cart of crap (literally) with a tarp on it. He pulls up to the gate pulls the tarp off and a US 500lb . Then he kicks it out of the trailer for a 5 ft drop or so to the concrete. I needed a change of shorts after that one. Luckily it was either a dud or the detonator had rusted away because even when EOD tried to detonate it, it didn't blow. Best part is the farmer just hoped back on the tractor and drove away. I guess he figured since we dropped it we should take care of it.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.