Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Winter Mod Season came to my house officially today. Got her all ripped apart.

Put the control on for the heated grips and routed the wires! :biggrin:

Its cool to have the bike in the basement!

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Looks like Crysti's did last Winter! All body work, tires, bars, etc were off. Basically the frame, jugs, tranny and electrical were all that was left. Ha ha!

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
. . . kalunk, kalunk, kalunk, kalunk! Oops how do we get it UP the stairs? :eek: :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I put the Sportster in the basement when living in NH. Down the stairs from the garage on a ramp. Fifteen years later, getting it up was more difficult. Pulled it up with a rope tied to the tractor. (dumped out the old gas, put in new gas, and it fired right up)

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
. . . kalunk, kalunk, kalunk, kalunk! Oops how do we get it UP the stairs? :eek: :biggrin:
winch :) did it last year.
it actually works good both ways.
nice thing is I only have half a story to go, but it isnt in the basement, its my downstairs. heated too!!! i love my bi-level :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm not knocking you Pat, but do you do that EVERY year ??
Christ,they must be some winters your way.

I just lift the bike from the ground, deflate the tyres a bit, full tank with additives and tie her up and tie her down, battery on the dripper and she's good for the next three months.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not knocking you Pat, but do you do that EVERY year ??
Christ,they must be some winters your way.

I just lift the bike from the ground, deflate the tyres a bit, full tank with additives and tie her up and tie her down, battery on the dripper and she's good for the next three months.
Yeah it gets stored every winter. Its usually too crappy to ride much December thru Feb. Plus with the salt and grit all over the roads it can be nasty.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why did you take the fenders and lights off? :confused:
I took the fender off to replace the light in my fender ornament. Also to replace the chrome trim that was falling off. I need to rewire the cobra lights. I have had a loose connection most of the summer. I put the relay in the headlight bucket and I am going to relocate it. AND.... deep breath. One of the cobra lights burned out 2 weeks ago.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pat has Mad Doug Damokos Skillz.... He rode it down the steps!

;)
The only reason its in the basement is I didn't think I could get it in the side door with those steps. LOL

Befory any one asks about the wife...Yes I am single LOL

·
Registered
134 Posts
The only reason its in the basement is I didn't think I could get it in the side door with those steps. LOL

Befory any one asks about the wife...Yes I am single LOL
Yeah mate, and now we all know why !!!!!!! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts