Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i want your opinions. Im thinking about changing the coor of my rims i dont liek how the black looks with the gold forks i think i clashes... I saw a green zx6r this weekend with the rims painted green and it looked super cool, it looked like a toy bike... sooooo im thinking about painting my rims the same color as the bike (blue). I was also thinking about getting gold ones so that they match with the forks but i dont know if thats too much gold, i dont really like gold too much so im not so sure i want to do that. anyway, what do u think about the blue? I already painted my rear hugger blue... is it too much or will it look cool. What do u think?? :)
_Lizzy

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think the blue would be really cool. I plan on doing the same thing to my bike when i have the $ to get the whole thing painted something other then the black thats on it now. Post pics wen you get it done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was thinking the same thing from the first day I saw my blue Ninja 250 on the showroom floor.

As a new rider I was pretty much set on taking the advice I've read on the web and I wasn't really looking at anything other than a Ninja 250 (as a former Miata driver I like light vehicles that perform well at a high redline.) I was definitely set on the blue and I like the look of the 250's fairing, but the black wheels are just so blah.

I almost asked the dealer if they had matching touch-up paint but I forgot. If they don't have it, where's a good place to get exact color matched paint?

What about the mufflers? Does they get hot enough to peel or discolor paint? I think I'd like to have the wheels and the exhaust match the color of the fairing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you definitely cant paint an exhaust pipe.. but you can get anodized ones like the ones micron sells... they look pretty cool... ya i think im going to go for the blue... i like it. !! Ill definitley post pics when i get it done!! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Kawa, this is your newbie twin. I was thinkin' the same thing with my 636. Blue would look tight on the rims. I was also thinkin' about ordering a can of spray paint from Color-rite to paint my huggers cuz i've seen bikes with that and it just makes everything come together more. oh yeah, i finally got my Micron slip-on; sounds and looks awesome. are you still thinkin' about getting that system? send pix of your blue rims if/when you get em'...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya my huggers are already blue :)... the first week i had my bike i kept it at a friends house and he surprised me by painting that for me :) it was a cute present.. looks cool though. And i have decided to do it.. im probably going to be doing it in about 3 weeks... ill show you guys when its done. :) yippy!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts