Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my 06 nomad 1600 that I tried to retro out. Still not done yet, but have to get the wife in a better mood before I can proceed further. 1st time on this site, so bear with me.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Welcome to the forum BigDogg. Nice looking Nad you got there. Where did you get the fringe for both front and rear floorboards ?
Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought most of my leather goods from Chilhowee. A little expensive, but nice stuff. They have anything that you can think of.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments, I really enjoy riding as much as I can. It's funny you chose those words:On a steel horse I ride, because I want to paint my bike Candy Apple Red and have rope airbrused all over it, then steelhorse in rope written on the tank or saddle bags. Finish it with tan seat and it should look great.

·
Too **** Hot!
774 Posts
Nice looking sled you got there. I did something similer to mine and then I just got carried away and now mine looks totally different. I think I may have a problem.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I think that would very cool. Candy red with a tan saddle would really stand out. And those words are not mine. Just a quote from the Bon Jovi song Wanted dead or alive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My wife thinks I have the same problem, and that's where I got the idea was from that song, it's on my mp3 player on the bike, hehe. She is standing her ground about not letting me paint the bike candy red, the poor thing, she just might have to go. With this disease some of us have with changing our bikes look, there is no medical cure, so it's either her or the bike, hmmmm, that's a tough one!!!!!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Try jewellery and a day at the spa to butter her up first. Or do what I did. Bring home something 2-3 times more expensive and tell her you want to buy that. In my case it was a 2010 Mustang. 2 weeks later, I had the bike, and she has a new necklace, hair appointment and spa day. Worth every penny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts