Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a kx 125 2003 model and my transmisson oil is milky, the previous owner hadnt changed it for 6months or so, what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Y is my crankcase oil a "milky" color?

The reason why your oil is "milky" color is because you have a blown water pump seal, therefore it is letting coolant mix with your oil. The only way to fix that is to replace the water pump shaft and seal altogether because they both create a "wear pattern" so if you only replace one then it might leak again, plus the parts are cheap

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
My thought is "Has this guy changed the oil since he bought it?!"

Fill your radiator with 50/50 and then change the oil. Ride the bike for a little while, then change the oil again. Ride it again, then stop and let it cool down. Compare the radiator coolant level and check the transmission oil for milkyness. If the level of coolant is lower and the oil is milky again, then you need to replace both parts like said above.

·
Registered
252 Posts
yes it takes a few oil changes to get rid of the water. I kept getting water in the gear box and even after a new pump shaft and seals. This drove me nuts as I couldn't find where it was coming from. Many months later and heaps of oil changes when I stripped the motor down for a bottom end rebuild I found the seal which is under the clutch actuating lever (left hand side of motor above drive sprocket of '02 kx125) was out of shape and let water in every time I washed the bike. Pressure clean or hose clean didn't make any difference. Its worth checking. No water in the gear box since!

·
Registered
94 Posts
yea thats the same with mine? 04 kx125 oilhadnt been changed for 5 months or so and it was a little milky strange that the new kx 125 are having clutch and gasket problems

·
Eddie Lawson is God!
5,683 Posts
What nobody around here realizes, is these are competition motorcycles. They require constant maintenance and don't suffer fools gladly. Also necroposts such as this are caused by newbies doing a search. We tell them to search to ask the question and them castigate them for dredging up a golden oldie. I'll give somebody **** for being an idiot, but noobs doing what I say....That shows signs of being trainable. Good on ya mate.

·
Registered
94 Posts
yes, what im confused on is if your saying im an idiot or close to it? know i understand what you mean by newbies searching not reading anything and saying 'OH THIS SUCKS AND THIS IS BROKEN IT SHOULDNT BE' well yes every bike needs maintnence once in a while but ive searched through quite a few forums and frequently theres clutch and gasket issues.... now dont get me wrong i love kawasaki they own any bike around! :) but, however im close to being convinced that the kx 125's from 01 to 05 were rushed before their end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts