Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out about a recent serious problem with a scumbag that found a relative of mine on Myspace and made it into a game of telling the girl how wonderful and beautiful she was in order to perpetuate a fantasy sex discussion. Had it gone on, who knows what may have happened. Fortunately, the game was found out before the scumbag went too far. As it is, it caused a major problem with the family. They will be fine. God assures us of that.

I've warned a lot of women of the hazards of being on Myspace. Women just are not aware of what kind of tricks some a-holes will pull in order to make women or girls a sexual conquest. It doesn't matter if they are married or not. Scumbags don't care.

Just a warning to you guys - and girls - there are men out there that will tell women anything in order to have sex. Myspace is NOT a safe place to share your lives. You have NO idea what kind of perverted scumbags will find a way to weasle their way into your family's lives.

If you happen to BE one of those guys - you better think twice about messing with married women, especially those that are married to guys that would shoot you dead after a long and bitter torture if you messed with them.....

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Facebook is the new Myspace.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The following is my opinion. You have been warned.

There is NO predation taking place on MySpace or any other networking site. Anything that happens as a result of someone placing a profile on these sites requires at least two people. Preying on married women cannot happen. The women choose to engage these individuals who respond to their profile information. There is a lot of LYING taking place on these sites. People who put profiles on networking sites are seeking attention. That attention can and will take many forms. Perhaps forms the women find distastefull.

Almost everyday we hear or read news stories about people hooking up on networking sites and then whining because they were lied to. If you don't want to deal with the consequences, keep your life off the internet. Anyone who sets up a profile page with personal information is simply asking for problems. When those problems arise they tend to respond to the drama rather than turning off the computer.

My conclusion is that people who use networking sites are either morons or have just crawled out of a cave.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If you let your kids have MySpace pages you have to make them have you in their friends list so you can monitor them (heck get their password too) and also you need to make them have their page PRIVATE so they (or you) approve who can view their profile. My son wants a Myspace page but he is 10 and so far I told him no. He wants one because his cousin has one and she is 11. Some of his friends may have them too but he likes to go on Youtube so I have to monitor him all the time when he is on the computer. I also have most bad stuff blocked with my firewall. Or I should say HIS computer is blocked from most bad stuff. :)

I have a page only because my family is on there but my page is set to private. Even so, I am still careful about what info and pics I put on it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
They're all the same.
Yep Yep Yep. Myspace, Facebook, and now Second Life are all escapes from the reality of what is actually around us. they all let us appear to someone else as something we are not (granted not every subscriber does this). It is a way like texting to avoid actual relationship, taking the time to talk, to listen and to care enough to put someone else's needs above our own. Interesting times we are living in!

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
If you let your kids have MySpace pages you have to make them have you in their friends list so you can monitor them (heck get their password too) and also you need to make them have their page PRIVATE so they (or you) approve who can view their profile. My son wants a Myspace page but he is 10 and so far I told him no. He wants one because his cousin has one and she is 11. Some of his friends may have them too but he likes to go on Youtube so I have to monitor him all the time when he is on the computer. I also have most bad stuff blocked with my firewall. Or I should say HIS computer is blocked from most bad stuff. :)

I have a page only because my family is on there but my page is set to private. Even so, I am still careful about what info and pics I put on it.
So, YOU are into bad stuff, huh? Hey....can I join your myspace? :cool: :mrgreen:

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
The following is my opinion. You have been warned.

There is NO predation taking place on MySpace or any other networking site. Anything that happens as a result of someone placing a profile on these sites requires at least two people. Preying on married women cannot happen. The women choose to engage these individuals who respond to their profile information. There is a lot of LYING taking place on these sites. People who put profiles on networking sites are seeking attention. That attention can and will take many forms. Perhaps forms the women find distastefull.

Almost everyday we hear or read news stories about people hooking up on networking sites and then whining because they were lied to. If you don't want to deal with the consequences, keep your life off the internet. Anyone who sets up a profile page with personal information is simply asking for problems. When those problems arise they tend to respond to the drama rather than turning off the computer.

My conclusion is that people who use networking sites are either morons or have just crawled out of a cave.
Well I was following along and kinda agreeing with ya most the way, until the name calling started. That's how some of these posts get out of hand. Someone calls someone a Moron, and the verbal assault begins.

A lot of people are on those sites for one reason or another, and I tend to think they are not all Morons. Heck, I think a worse place to meet women than online is at the Bar. That brings with it a whole other set of problems. Are you meeting a Drunk who turns into an abusive person. Or when you meet someone at the Bar, some tend to say, OK, we've met, we've got a relationship going, the Bar scene has to stop. Now your trying to change someones lifestyle, more problems arise...etc...etc..

One nice thing about online, is that if we assume there is truth passing between two people, then you find out if you like the person for how they think, relate and treat you on a non physical level, before you head down the path of How good looking are they. But that is the adult realm.

Kids are a whole different arena. One thing that may help keep young kids safer and keep them from signing up for MySpace, is to prove they are really 18 or older. I know they require it, but ALL kids lie about their age to get online. It's too easy to do. Maybe Proof of a Drivers license or some other form of age identification would work. Yep it would cost MySpace more money and time to verify ages, but if they care about the underage issues, they must be part of the solution.

I am pretty darn happy with my wife, but I guess I'll have to tell her we are both Morons, and our 10 year relationship has to end. Now I feel ashamed we met online...NOT!!!!!

Just my .02

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think some of you completely understand how some women can be naive enough to fall for the deceit of some guys. I don't blame the women, I blame the predators looking for a naive girl so they can play their little sex games and hopefully get laid or worse...

This whole situation hit very close to me and this one guy (I found out who he is) has been warned to stay away. If he's stupid enough to continue, he will pay a major price! I know the husband well enough to say that the scumbag wouldn't live long if he was stupid enough to continue his games.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just a warning to you guys - and girls - there are men out there that will tell women anything in order to have sex.
Don't tell me you are just figuring this out? This is true for the internet or face to face for any age boy/man. The most used phrase is "I love you.".

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
So, YOU are into bad stuff, huh? Hey....can I join your myspace? :cool: :mrgreen:
Ha ha, nothing bad on my myspace page. I don't like putting anything on the internet about myself or engage in any conversations that could bite me later. That's all I'll say about that.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
.... There is a lot of LYING taking place on these sites. People who put profiles on networking sites are seeking attention. ..
I know someone who has two MySpace pages, one says he is married, one says he is single/divorced, I forget which. Each one is completely different. Probably his wife only knows about the one that says he is married. Don't know what his real deal is, nobody I know talks to him anymore.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Ha ha, nothing bad on my myspace page. I don't like putting anything on the internet about myself or engage in any conversations that could bite me later. That's all I'll say about that.
So ya don't wanna meet me for "coffee" later? ;) :p

(Cheri....go ahead and throw in your comment! LMAO!)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
So ya don't wanna meet me for "coffee" later? ;) :p

(Cheri....go ahead and throw in your comment! LMAO!)
I don't know about coffee but you did say you'd let me ride yours if I let you ride mine.

That's assuming I don't get a 650 before I get a chance. C'mon get your dirty minds out of the gutter, I'm talking about bikes. Geez.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I don't know about coffee but you did say you'd let me ride yours if I let you ride mine.

That's assuming I don't get a 650 before I get a chance. C'mon get your dirty minds out of the gutter, I'm talking about bikes. Geez.
Any time! Hey...Fabian can join in too! :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Perhaps referring to MySpace users as morons was harsh. If any one who has a page on one of these sites can ennunciate a valid reason for having one I will publicly apologise for calling you morons. Remember though, I said a valid reason. Saying you have a page so that distant family can keep track of your life is not, in my opinion , a valid reason since mass emailing will do the same thing in privacy.

One more thing. Allowing a child under 14 to create a page on MySpace is not only foolish, it is in violation of MySpace rules. MySpace does not need controls forced upon it when all that is required is parental oversight.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts