Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Finally Free
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a 2005 Vulcan 800 and am excited as hell. I live in Houston, which stays warm almost the whole year, but it just so happens that we are scheduled for sleet and snow all day today for the first time in years... what good timing.

Anyways, to my question. I pulled out the owners manual from its compartment on the side of my bike. It was in a bag which also had two mystery bolts inside. Can anyone help me identify these? They don't have nuts with them, so I am assuming they screw directly in to something else maybe. The pictures are blurry because they are from my phone. As you can see, they are about 2 inches long, and are obviously meant to be seen. They are chrome and have covers that go over the hex wrench hole. Any ideas?

·
Finally Free
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't realize it snowed here at all... haha I just move here at the end of last year. It looks to me that those are the right bolts, makes me wonder if it had a sissy bar previously (it does not now). I will have to go look at it when it clears up outside. Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Since they have stand-offs, my guess is that they go back where the luggage rack is.
Yep, they're for bungie cords, etc. to strap something to the seat. Get one of the small fancy bungie cargo nets and transporting pizza is a snap! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.