Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Looks like an oil pressure switch. Notice the oil line going up? I suspect your low oil pressure light may be missing/burned out.

These switches can fail too.

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
Looks like an oil pressure switch. Notice the oil line going up? I suspect your low oil pressure light may be missing/burned out.

These switches can fail too.
yep! want to be certain? Start it up and loosen that pressure sending unit. You'll then know how Jed Clampett felt when he struck oil, black gold, Texas tea. First thing you know, you'll be a millionaire, kin folks'll say Joe move away from there.

·
college student
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd love to have that feeling, so maybe I'll try it.
The oil light is on before I start the bike, then goes off when its running. But when I unplug this cap, its still off. Must be a faulty pressure switch.

Thanks dudes

·
WFO Enthusiast
89 Posts
that switch grounds the wire when there is no oil pressure. If the light goes off when the motor starts, everything is working correctly. Leave it alone.

·
college student
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok, I thought that since the sensor checks for oil pressure, removing it would indicate no pressure thus turning the light. But its the same circuit, which needs to be completed for the light. 10-4. My bike is ok. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts