Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am beginning my first project bike, a 72 kawasaki g3ssb 90cc. The bike is in the shop right now, just to see if it can run (better I find out if it is worth repairing before I go too far). Once he finds out that it runs, I hope, will be working on restoring it to a usable condition. I know I need some parts that should be universal, such as the exhaust and shocks, but I still will need parts that are specific to the bike, like decals and some plastic cover pieces. There really are no good places here in central illinois to go to for parts, so I'm forced to look online, and possibly by catalog. What I need is some help in narrowing where to look for parts, so some websites would be great, or a site that will be able to assist me in finding parts. Cost is a factor, this is a small bike that is quite old, so I don't want to spend a fortune repairing it. Thanks for the help, I hope I can continue to post here as I repair the bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tried BuyKawasaki for a parts diagram of your bike m8 but sorry to say its not available online.

Sorry, cant help you further.

·
Registered
269 Posts
With the age of the bike you will be hard pressed to find new or aftermarket parts. Try some salvage yards on line is about all I can think of.

·
Registered
27 Posts
im restoring this bike myself, i just bought it.. it was my first project bike, its near mint already.. i payed 150 bucks,because i got a good deal i think it will turn over to about 5500.00 to the right person,

alright heres what i can tell you about your 72 G3SSB 90cc
rotary valve carburation, oil injection.. the left panel has a 90 on it.. the right one does too,

color
fuel tank: pearl candytone red
front fender isnt chrome, instead highly polished stainless steel

Engine no GAE280935~
Frame no GA-306826~

Parts catalogue number:99995-130 plus 99997-511
Owners Manual No:99997-548
Shop manual no. 99995-201(SM-1)

the original spark plug should be NGKB8HS

however i found its nearly impossible to get parts, i found a clutch cable and a user manual at two weel.. and thats all ive found in 2 months
it doesent seem to be very speedy, but it is for what it is i guess.. half a tank of premium, pitt pen 10W30 in the crank casing, and outboard dual injection oil for the automix, going down the road stock it will do 50mph..but its alright,it redlines at about 7500rpm so 52mph is when ur really pushing it.. it has 10.5 horsepower when everything is perfect. it should be easy to get 20 out of her though.. it really benefits from a port expantion,and a pro circuit exahst pipe i heard these things won some touring cup way back. and it is a fun little bike to ride.. its easy , i have a honda z50 thats harder to ride,lol..

their i helped you out, if thats helpful.. if you find a place that can supply gear shifter shafts for it.. get at me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
90cc G3SSA

Hey 90cc owners!
Nice to meet you- I am new on here and I am happy to see that there are people who know alittle about these bikes. I just received mine in boxes and will need to be put together. I have taken lots of pictures of the parts- so they can be viewed separate from the bike when it's completed. I have found out that my tank is rusted through- not good. Most other parts look decent- I'm not a mechanic so if you all have some info, I would be happy to swap info/pics! I have found some bits of info here and there so let me know what questions you have. :)

·
I like vintage stuff!
164 Posts
I found two sources for some things, but with these old bikes, its hit-or-miss. Try Phil at Cheyenne Motorsports in Montana (no website, but he has an e-mail address which I don't have at the moment). Call 411 to get a phone number. He was a provided info and advise for my old machine.

Also try Motorcycles Unlimited in Abilene TX. (325) 548-2458 or www.motorcyclesunlimitedtx.com. His website lists parts by part number. He had some new O.E. out of production rubber pieces to fit my bike at a great price.

Both shipped parts to California.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys

I have put up some data and litterature regarding these bikes on my homepage:

D.A.S.ENgineering - stuff about the Kawasaki twostroke 90cc 90ss GA-1 GA-2 GA-3 GA-1A GA-2A GA-5A S SS SSS and others

For spares i recommend ebay. These bikes where common in places like Thailand and there are several vendors selling lots of n.o.s parts for them there.

I am at the moment awaiting a delivery of stuff from Agata_Cycleshop over there. I got recommendations from a guy in Australia regarding this vendor, and so far everything has worked out well.

Swedish Kwack / D.A.S.ENgineering

1 - 10 of 10 Posts