Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the NC chrome lowers will fit if you have a Cobra engine guard. That is, will the engine guard touch the lowers when the wheel is turned all the way left or right. This is for a 2008 1500 Classic. I put my Cobra highway bars on last night and it seems as though it will be a very tight squeeze if I buy the NC lowers to add to my NC windshield. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have them both, (NC Chrome Lowers & Cobra Fatty Bars) on my 1600 Classic...no contact at full lock.

VulClass16

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vul, do the fattys mount across the front of the frame, above the radiator like the 1.25" bars do? Also, I have the Dakota windshield not the Switchblade type. Don't know if that would make a difference. I guess not if the lowers are positioned down the side of the fork tubes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Fatty's actually run along the bottom of the radiator frame, with the ends each mounting individually to the upper ends of the frame, just below the front end of the fuel tank. The lowers are mounted to the sides of the windscreen brackets.

VulClass16

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vul, I just looked on the Cruiser Customizing site at 1600's with the fatty's and the upper end of the guards terminate into the frame. On the 1500, the guard tubing runs continuous across the frame downtubes just above the radiator. So, there is more clearance on the 1600 for the wind deflectors. Anyway, I had already ordered the deflectors when I started this post and I received them yesterday and installed them. They do touch the engine guard by just ever so slightly when in full lock. When riding the bike I never really get into full lock so this slight bit of contact won't matter when riding. I think over the winter I will try to elongate the holes in the deflectors to move them just a bit forward to eliminate this contact. I wish I could find an engine guard that dead-ended in the downtubes of the frame like the 1600 Cobra does. I really don't care for the look of the chrome tubing of the guard running across the frame from one side to another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts