Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking around for when I buy saddlebags for my 900 and found a pair from National Cycle. I searched the forums and found mention of them, and from what I read it seems like they are really good, but didn't find anyone actually saying it, or any reviews on them. What I'm may get are the saddlebags and their mount kit.

What your your opinions on them? They good quality? Worth the money? They are more then I was initially thinking of spending when I do, but I do want to get quality and be happy with my purchase. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a set on my '01 1500 for 7 or 8 years and my only complaint is the locks. I've had to replace mine twice now.
The bags can be painted and they hold a lot of crap!

-R
If you don't mind me asking, why did you have to have the locks replaced? / how'd they break?

Having them that long I'm guessing they are pretty durable then, they hold up good if they get hit with a rock or something like that? They hold up from nicks and marrs fairly well? Thanks for the review :) (oh, do you have the same ones from National Cycle that I linked to for your bike? I'm not sure if they make more then one type or not)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same ones as in your link.
They have held up real well, The wife likes to hit them with her boot now and then and they clean up good. I dropped one on the Interstate once and sanded it down and repainted it and it looked good. Heavy duty ABS plastic.
You might want to check E-bay or something like that for a deal.

-R

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you V2Klamar

Tsukayu Strongs! Nuff said. ;)
Could you post a picture of your bike with them on them? Also, do you have their setup that isn't quickdetach or the ones for use w/ the ghost brackets? How durable have they been? They withstand rocks hitting them and everything else like rustyhammer said the National Cycle ones do? Thanks pred

·
Super Moderator
11,113 Posts
Clicky for a couple pics of them on a 1500. Scroll down, or maybe page 2, for how they attach to the mounts. I really liked them and would buy them again.

·
Proud Hokie!!
564 Posts
Rustyhammer - What locks did you use to replace the stock ones? The threaded barrels of my stock locks (plastic/nylon) are stripped and I am having a hard time finding replacements other than the same ones from nation cycle. Besides the locks...I love my National Cruiseliner bags!!

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,058 Posts
Thank you V2Klamar

Could you post a picture of your bike with them on them? Also, do you have their setup that isn't quickdetach or the ones for use w/ the ghost brackets? How durable have they been? They withstand rocks hitting them and everything else like rustyhammer said the National Cycle ones do? Thanks pred
I have stock LT bags on mine.....I got a great deal on them from a member here. But as far as hardbags go, the Strongs really look great and are a really nice bag. Wild Deuce has them on his....see here

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/116686-my-vulcan-glide-large-pics.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.