Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody gonna be on the NC OBX for Thanksgiving? Janet & I are heading down to Kill Devil Hills tomorrow (Tue) AM & will be there till Sun. Doin the regular family thing....rock fish, shrimp & oysters!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm riding my bike, anybody gonna be there? :confused: 8)

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's awesome. We had a family reunion/vacation this past August when it was HOT as hell. We towed the bikes down. I did venture out on my first night ride on the 250 when it was still in the upper 80's with my helmet, jeans and a tshirt (I think that is the only time I rode without my jacket on). We went for an hour and 1/2 ride from Duck to Kitty Hawk, turned around in the outlets and headed back. I was drenched with the moisture from the air by the time we made it back to the house. But I would LOVE to go down in the fall when it's cooler and the houses are cheaper to rent with the bikes.

Here's my cousin and I sweating it out at about 6:00...and in the 90's.

And my beautiful mother rocking my 250 like a pro ;)

Long story short, my dad has always had a bike - that's how my parents met (my mom wanted to go for a ride), my brother bought and rebuilt a '78 650, I bought my 250 and my mom said "I don't want to be the only one without a license and motorcycle." Hence, she took the BRC with my brother and I, got her license, and now I'm holding onto my 250 for another year so she can ride with us and not on the back.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Miss Dottie, myself and another couple did a lighthouse run last month. It was a blast. We rode the entire length of the Outer Banks.

Don't forget to run down around Frisco and see the aliens.

The best ice cream in eastern Carolina is at Hatteras, Uncle Eddy's. It is across from the entrance to the lighthouse.

Have fun!

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts