Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone in the charlotte area? i would like to get some of the kawi guys and gals together to do some riding. i think it would also be great to start up a little club of all of us in the area. if anyone is interested let me know. i ride all year round, even rode today in the rain.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would be interested- I don't have the bike I want yet, but maybe in a few weeks. Regardless, let me know if something is going on. I live close to Carowinds, although I wouldn't mind to meet up wherever.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, i work near carowinds and live towards concord. i wish this cold front would move on out. i am ready to be riding again. i live off some back roads and dont want to hit the black ice.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would love to.

There is a Carolina Riders Forum (and a section for Charlotte), they get together a lot for rides. I may join them this Sunday, if I can get my mom to watch the kids. It's supposed to be 61 degrees on Sunday, hopefully it won't rain.

·
I'm Lost
160 Posts
i technically cant ride because i had to turn in my tag until feb 18th due to a lapse in insurance coverage for under a couple hours... but i have an old tag from a bike i sold so i will ride anyway.

anyone going to the vtwin show this weekend? im going alone cause friends have to work, meet up and check out the sites?

call me,
David

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the v twin show? if you are talking about the easy rider show, i am going Sunday. i rode into work today in all this dense fog.

i would love to ride Sunday, but we are suppose to goto the place were i am getting married and look at it and take pictures. but i might ride there after the easy rider show.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i found the forum wendy, it looks to be ok. i joined and posted a newbie message. it will be nice to meet up with some more people and ride.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i think the local forum sucks, nothing but negative comments so far. most of the people ride a street bike maybe thats it. only person on there posted a welcome comment was ninja_Wendy.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sorry about that. I JUST joined. I had no clue that some of those guys can be d1cks like that. I actually got a PM from someone who is a little more civil so I think there may be a few nice people on there that maybe don't post as often. <<Edited>>. That is one thing I love about this Kawi site, that type of behavior is not tolerated or at the very least it is ignored and not encouraged.

We will just have to get together from this group. I am not prejudiced about what kind of bikes anyone rides or what tires they run :)

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dave you are probably thinking of the right forum. it is mostly street bikes.

but like ninja said they are a feel people that might be ok on there. i am about to become a moderator on the forum. how funny is that.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
There is a local group on meetup.com that seems great. I've never met up with them but they seem very welcoming. I exchanged a few emails with someone I met during the Keith Larson Charity ride. They meet a lot and I've never seen anything negative. They seem to mostly ride cruisers but they appear to be a good mix of people. If you aren't too jilted from Carolina Riders, setup an account on meetup.com and check out: SWNC Piedmont & Surrounding Areas Motorcycle Meetup Group

Meetup.com is free to join and attend meetups but the people who startup and moderate groups have to pay. I think it is $12 or $15 a month and that is why you don't see a lot of new groups forming.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cool, i will have to check it out. i wish we had more of the mix of guys and gals from this forum in our area. ton of people on here i wouldn't mind having a beer with.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I would ride with you guys but I live in Greenville NC, which is about 6 hours from charlotte. I wouldnt be able to make it. Sorry. But if you guys ever wonder out to the G-vegas area, Let me know and so long as I dont have class or have to go to work, Ill be there

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Sorry about that. I JUST joined. I had no clue that some of those guys can be d1cks like that. I actually got a PM from someone who is a little more civil so I think there may be a few nice people on there that maybe don't post as often. That guy Benson is, ahem, how shall I put this, "interesting". From what I understand, he doesn't even ride, he comes to some of the meetups in his truck Some of his comments are very inappropriate. That is one thing I love about this Kawi site, that type of behavior is not tolerated or at the very least it is ignored and not encouraged.

We will just have to get together from this group. I am not prejudiced about what kind of bikes anyone rides or what tires they run :)
Hey baby!!! Wanna hook up??? :wink: :cool:

1 - 20 of 156 Posts