Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dead man walking
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I don't have an owners manual, and until I can get my hands on a Clymer manual or whatever, I need some quick facts. What better place to ask?

Does this have a steering lock? Just curious. I'm used to the ignition on my KZ being near the triple tree, and didn't notice a lock yet. I'm very new to this bike.

How/where do I check the antifreeze/coolant? I'd like to make sure the antifreeze is up to par, with this cold spell coming.

What's the biggest tire I could put on the back, and front wheel?

Can you adjust the shocks?

Okay, I think that's it for now. I'll post more questions as I come up with them and until I get a manual.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Well, I don't have an owners manual, and until I can get my hands on a Clymer manual or whatever, I need some quick facts. What better place to ask?

Does this have a steering lock? Just curious. I'm used to the ignition on my KZ being near the triple tree, and didn't notice a lock yet. I'm very new to this bike.
should be on the side of the steering neck on the right side.

How/where do I check the antifreeze/coolant? I'd like to make sure the antifreeze is up to par, with this cold spell coming..
geez...it's been so long since I've checked mine. is it under the speedo? check there.

What's the biggest tire I could put on the back, and front wheel?.
I've always run stock sizes. there's not a lot of clearance in the back with the drive shaft there.

Can you adjust the shocks? .
yes. there should be a tool with the toolkit. I think on that one it's just a straight post and I use a decent sized screw driver to adjust mine.

Okay, I think that's it for now. I'll post more questions as I come up with them and until I get a manual.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
the overflow jug is behind the left side cover and that is where you hot/cold temp lines are as well

to fill the radiator is below the gas tank, directions say you have to remove the tank but if you get a funnel with a long spout you can just remove the speedo cowel and fill it

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
yeah....that's that cover I haven't removed in AGES!!!

the overflow jug is behind the left side cover and that is where you hot/cold temp lines are as well

to fill the radiator is below the gas tank, directions say you have to remove the tank but if you get a funnel with a long spout you can just remove the speedo cowel and fill it

·
37,387 Posts

yeah....that's that cover I haven't removed in AGES!!!
I gotta stop living in reverse land...

its the right side cover...

sorry for the confusion

·
37,387 Posts

·
37,387 Posts
Crescent wrench has a bigger head and swings better! :D
your not helping

but really to do the job right...a tire iron is best

·
Barrett Motorcycle Repair
202 Posts
on a 1500A coolant bottle is at the lower back right corner of the motor under a small chrome cover there should be a window cut in the cover so you can see the coolant level not under the side cover like the 1500 classic

rear tire could be a 160-60-16 front is a 90-90-19

·
Dead man walking
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think "crash course" is a bad choice of words.
Oh, that's exactly what it'll be. Probably knock it over looking for stuff; like a crackhead monkey trying to find a hit.

Thanks for the advice and info thus far, y'all.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
So........what are you going to do, as far as mods, to this 1500?

·
Dead man walking
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So........what are you going to do, as far as mods, to this 1500?
I'm not quite sure yet, besides some basic things. I haven't gotten into the dizzying array of accessories yet, but I'm gonna start checking stuff out and see what strikes my fancy.

NCDave, this is little off the topic, but how do you quote in segments like that when you are replying to someone?
See the little icon between quote and reply? Just click it, and it'll turn a different color. Do this on the posts you want to quote. When you're done, click on the 'post reply' button on the bottom of the thread as you would normally (not the quick reply box), and they'll all appear in your text box.

·
Dead man walking
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
should be on the side of the steering neck on the right side.
I thought that's where it was. I saw something with a sliding tab, I thought, but couldn't budge it. Wearing padded gloves, I broke it free. Looks like it hadn't been used in a few years. Now it moves freely.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts