Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has pretty much sold, but since I dont wanna ride my bike (first bike and am waiting to take MSF until the next class has an open slot [Nov]) over 50 miles on the freeway from the dealership to my house. So me and my dad are taking his truck to go pick it up.
Ok, the favor part. I looked all over for the length of the 500 and couldn't find it... my dad's truck is kinda small, so could someone please measure their bike for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Even if it is a shortbed all you would have to do is put the bed down and most motorcycles will fit. The 500 is not unusally long like some of the cruisers.

5FT will typically do, and 6ft will for sure get you in without dropping the tailgate. (you still get one more foot out of the tailgate)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
the 500R should fit in a 6ft bed. Just barely though. I put mine in my chevy short bed with the tailgate up and it fit just perfect.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you have tied down motorcycles before - disregard - if you havent, you may want to consider buying the Canyon Dancer - it straps to your handlebars and keeps the bike stable when tieing the bike down.

$29.00 at your local bike shop.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the tips guys :) I'll buy the Canyon Dancer, as I've never tied down a bike before... cars and go karts, yes, bike no. THanks again :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts