Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...I'm almost done customizing my 1600 Mean Streak...The last thing I need is a nice backrest for my old lady. I'd like something that has a low profile and is easy to put on and take off.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

most of the bolt ons i've seen are not low profile and require 4 bolts to install
usually - i have a friend who made one out of 6" pvc pipe about 10" long,
wrapped it in foam rubber and covered it in leather with a zipper in one end to access the inside of the pipe for extra storage - held on by draw straps
to the shock mounts - works great for her and comes off in a second :wink:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, thanks for the pics of your sissy bar...It looks exactly like what I was looking for, but I do have one question.

Is is possible to raise it any at all. I have an upgraded seat that gives the passenger thicker pad to sit on and I think the sissy bar will have to be raised slightly to accomodate the new seat. Can it be adjusted up any?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well wouldn't you know it...Yesterday I'm out riding and I come up on this pick up truck on the high way with a Honda Ace in the bed...It's nice looking, not as nice as the Mean Streak of course, but nice none the less, but I soon notice that he's got a MS back rest on it with a Mustang seat and it looks perfect...So I've found my sissy bar.

Thanks for all of your help!

·
Registered
458 Posts
btreaves said:
......he's got a MS back rest on it with a Mustang seat and it looks perfect...So I've found my sissy bar.

Thanks for all of your help!
Do you have the Mustang Touring seat with passenger pillion?

If you get the sissy bar and get it mounted please let us know how it works out. Pix would be nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
check on corbin seats they use a single cap screw to remove to take off the backrest and it fits in both holes driver and passenger.

·
Warning V2k Onboard
1,585 Posts
It's quite depressing to realise that this newfangled internet forum thingy has been around so long it is possible to necromance a thread that is a decade old.
There are people here who have never known the world without the internet, and I can remember when our family got its very first TV. I think I'll go dig a hole, quietly lie down in it and wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts