Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a KZ750H4 ('83 "LTD" model), and I wan't to change out the airbox for sume UNI filters. What is the measurement of the intake side?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only someone who knows what removal/installation of carbs is really like on this model would say that....LOL!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the bright side, all other carb pulls and reinstalls are in the future a piece of cake by comparison....

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
On the bright side, all other carb pulls and reinstalls are in the future a piece of cake by comparison....
Thats good to know cause I'm bettin my money that you're gonna be pulling them lots of times trying diff jets and needle adjustments trying to get them to run right. :biggrin: By the way, if those are BS34 CV carbs I have a slightly used (excellent condition) set of UNI pods with clamps that will fit them up for sale. :roll:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh it runs beautifully now, but after all the pulls and isnatalls it took to get them that way I just wanted to preemptively strike with the new filters. What do you want for the Pods and how do I know what model my carbs are?

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Oh it runs beautifully now, but after all the pulls and isnatalls it took to get them that way I just wanted to preemptively strike with the new filters. What do you want for the Pods and how do I know what model my carbs are?
The point being that the "preemptive strike" even by filter mfg statements is going to require you to go through all those pulls again because it requires re-jetting if you go from air box to pods. Not to mention that the CV carbs were designed and need the pressure diff to operate properly, that the air box creates and the pods don't. By the way, the BS34 has an outside diameter of MM.

If I ever lose my mind and decide to try and run pods again it would only be after I got a set of smoothbores installed and got rid of the CV carbs.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The carbs are most likely CV34 Keihins. OD is (or inside diameter of UNI pod filter) is 54mm. Both BS34 carburetors and CV34 carburetors run nicely if rejetted appropriately for pod filters. The only downside, it wet-weather riding (or parking the bike in a driving rain... pods get wet...) and cross winds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts