Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step one - Get an 04 Mean streak (green of course :wink: )

Step two - Get it out of the show room and ride it for 340 miles!! (not too bad for my first 20 hrs of ownership!!)

Gotta go finish breaking it in so I can really beat up on it, see ya'll later.

:D :lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hehehe, right on!

Grats on the new bike!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

u go boy!! :lol: congrats on the scoot!

i'm with ya dude-330 miles this past weekend-ain't florida great :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
837 Posts
:cry: am jelous,cant ride :cry: im at work :cry: but i did get to ride this past weekend :D :D congrats on the new scoot...ride safe!!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
:cry: still at work. :cry: beautiful day :cry: cant ride :cry: 11 more days to go :cry: need moral support :cry: help :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I feel your pain. Just got everything put back together after the new paint job. But MI just have to have terrible weather. I could handle 40 deg. but not when there's 30 mph wind gusts and snow/rain. grrrrr...can't wait til summer.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

jonesing :lol:

hold on bud8 ,i'm having trouble seeing the screen here :shock: my eyes
are still watering from the 78deg , 60mph , wind blowing in my face
from riding along the gulf of mexico today - 135 miles heehee :lol:

j/k :wink:

look at all chrome you could be adding :p :lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I with ya Bike, he wouldn't like the Keys either I'm sure :twisted: :wink:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I took the bike out for the first real ride yesterday (if you don't count 0.3 miles of laps in the garage). It was sub-40 and strong winds. But it was the first chance to ride in four months, and there won't be another chance for a while. We're getting royally dumped on (snow, that is) today.

I gotta move to Florida.
Curt

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
jonesing :lol:

hold on bud8 ,i'm having trouble seeing the screen here :shock: my eyes
are still watering from the 78deg , 60mph , wind blowing in my face
from riding along the gulf of mexico today - 135 miles heehee :lol:

j/k :wink:

look at all chrome you could be adding :p :lol:

:( how do they say it......drink a beer for me..i'll be gettin off in a week for 2 weeks of good cruisin i hope...we will prolly have a freak snow storm then :lol:

·
Registered
487 Posts
bikeaholic,
only 135 miles in 78 degree weather?
I WALK farther than that in a blizzard.
315 miles in 44 degrees today at 70mph.
wuss :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

:lol: :lol: that was just for lunch :lol:

maybe we should post the coldest rides-i know our northern buds will beat us
but so far my coldest ride this year was 317 miles in 31deg down I10 to new orleans at 70
and back without a windshield at night. i'm ready when you are :twisted: :lol:

can't help it if i live in paradise 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aw, c'mon fellas. :p Listen to this, if you think your stories are sad. Last Friday here it was sunny and 70 degrees......and I STILL couldn't ride!!! Why? 50mph gusts of wind, that's why. :oops: Un-friggen-real. Heh.

·
Registered
487 Posts
coldest ride was only 15 miles but it was 10 below on a honda 70 when I was just a lad (13) I am now 40 and smarter.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Damour said:
Aw, c'mon fellas. :p Listen to this, if you think your stories are sad. Last Friday here it was sunny and 70 degrees......and I STILL couldn't ride!!! Why? 50mph gusts of wind, that's why. :oops: Un-friggen-real. Heh.

:? yea...was'nt that something...had the same stuff down here too but those fronts are gettin less and less ...soon we wont have to worry about them for a while 8)

·
Registered
487 Posts
bikeaholic,
I'm bidding a job in Louisiana, if I get it I'll contact you and maybe we can ride together while I'm down there.
We are also trying to plan a trip this spring to the Keys if your interested, we're suppose to pick up some guys in louisiana and alabama then to florida. Don't know if it will happen tho since I own my own business and work 25 hrs a day 8 days a week :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

:lol: i know the feelin' dude,but yea give me a buzz if you get down this way
i'm sure i can round up a few to ride to nawlins-
we got all kinds of trips planned too-myrtle beach in may,alaska run,but i have to stay
for the almighty $$-at least my bike stays cleaner :lol:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Curt said:
I gotta move to Florida.
Yeah, yeah, you thought I was just talking, eh? Well I've started working on it, and I just scheduled an interview in Orlando in two weeks. I think I have a pretty good shot at the job. Look out Florida, here I come! Look out beaches! Look out sun! Look out . . . dang! Was that a cockroach or an armadillo?

I just wish I had the my Ninja down there so I wouldn't have to rent a car. There's a Kawasaki Eliminator 125 for sale in Tampa, and the pics look pretty sweet. If I knew I was going to get the job I'd buy that thing. Aw, heck, if I knew I was going to get the job, I'd just ride my Ninja down there.

Wait a minute. What if I actually do get the job? I have custody of my son, but I can't move out of state until the court says okay. That means I need to set up a residence in Orlando and keep one in St. Paul for a few months. So who gets the Ninja, Minnesota or Florida? Hmm, decisions, decisions . . . Florida's probably better overall, but summer biking in Minnesota is about as good as it gets, and I'd hate to miss out on that. Then again, I could drive the car down, and bring along a few things to set up an apartment, especially if I pull a trailer along. I guess it's not really practical to bring a guitar 1,700 miles on a motorcycle . . . unless I get a trailer for the Ninja! Ooo! Ooo!

Curt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts