Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this board to bare with me. I just went out and bought my wife her first Motorcycle. As you can tell from the subject it is a 250r. It's a Great bike..especially for learning on.

Here is my dilemma. We live in Colorado about 5500 ft Altitude. As you can probably imagine, the air here is pretty thin, resulting in loss of power from this bike. Is there anything that I can do to get a little boost in the midrange and possibly top end power at all? I am definately going to put in a K&N Air filter (to help it breath better), but I wasn't sure if there was anything else that I can do (I.E. Pipes, better carb jetting..etc).

Any advice would really be helpful.

Thanks

Kev

·
Registered
112 Posts
i don't know if you really wanna put that kinda money into that bike but my first question would be did you buy it new?

only reason I ask is because that would make a bit more sence to me. Anyhow you can get the Muzzy full exhaust and new k&n and rejetting should bring a few more hp and get you some good power for what your looking for.

my other question is why didn't you just get the 500R?

·
Registered
605 Posts
to answer dohnjoe's question it's probably because it's her FIRST bike, so she doesn't need the power just yet.

St86diesel, where are you in CO, I live in aurora, but really only 1 mile from denver, PM me or gimme a call @ 720-276-2023 and I'll see what I can do to help with the altitude and we'll ride together sometime.

Stew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
d0hnj0e said:
i don't know if you really wanna put that kinda money into that bike but my first question would be did you buy it new?

only reason I ask is because that would make a bit more sence to me. Anyhow you can get the Muzzy full exhaust and new k&n and rejetting should bring a few more hp and get you some good power for what your looking for.

my other question is why didn't you just get the 500R?
To answer your first question, yes we bought it brand new. It actually was just delivered on friday. To answer your last question..Stuart hit it right on the nose. This is my wifes first bike..so the 250 was perfect. The 500 was just a little bit too heavy for her.

As far as putting money into it. I have no problem putting money into something that will help me wife get through traffic a little better. Not sure what altitude you live in, but when you start getting up this way...boy does the thin air suck the power out of motors.

Stuart - I actually live in Brighton...right off of hwy 85. Definately, I'll have to pm you really soon..as soon as I can get some time away from work..I need to put some miles on both bikes (my wifes 250 and my r6).
Thanks for the invite...we'll be in touch.

Kev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts