Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I degoat my new Vulcan 750 and keep the stock pipes & mufflers. Will I have to rejet the carbs and if so to what size jets? Or will adjusting the fuel/air mixture screws to reduce backfiring be enough? Will degoating negatively affect performance? Will degoating make the stock exhaust to loud? What I'm looking for is a deep throaty rumble. Or, should I just leave well enough alone? Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, since no one wants to commit or comment :?: . I'll do it.
I'm gonna keep it stock and spend the money on more important things like better lighting :idea: . Have a great day :D .

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Daaamn Sarge- ya gotta give the guys a little time to respond in here :?
I usually come through here once or twice a week. Let us know how your project turned out.

Phatboy

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really didn't mean to be impatient or pushy Phatboy, it's just that normally it seems that one hour after a post there's 5 or 6 replies. I sure would like the advise of those who have the VN 750 and did the mods that I've listed. I thought that perhaps the members didn't want to touch this subject. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I ain't not joe wrench but what I understand, "degoating" will decrease backpressure and allow more air out, with that, you'll need more air in, with that you'll need more fuel in the mix(rejetting)...I could be wrong

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Sgt Mike said:
I really didn't mean to be impatient or pushy Phatboy, it's just that normally it seems that one hour after a post there's 5 or 6 replies.
If you're a "helpless" woman you get lots of answers quickly. :) You're just the wrong sex, and that Sarge title doesn't make you seem too helpless, either. J/K!! :D :lol:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Well sarge Julie nailed it on the head. If you notice all the guy's around the forum trip over themselves trying to help the female rider's(only nature) With that said We all will get around to helping the crusty ol marine sargent eventually. ( women come first). (LOL) Don't know enough about the 750 to be of much help,sorry.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Sgt Mike said:
If I degoat my new Vulcan 750 and keep the stock pipes & mufflers. Will I have to rejet the carbs and if so to what size jets? Or will adjusting the fuel/air mixture screws to reduce backfiring be enough? Will degoating negatively affect performance? Will degoating make the stock exhaust to loud? What I'm looking for is a deep throaty rumble. Or, should I just leave well enough alone? Thanks.
Sarge,

From what I have read....people who degoat....or put aftermarket pipes on do not need to re-jet the carb. Some will also add a K&N air filter and again....no need to re-jet. It's what I have read anyway.

Possibly you'll need to adjust the mixture screw?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, I agree, ladies first. I'll wait my turn. Thanks for the advise, info and opinions

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's some good info by "Beavis" about degoating. Makes alot of sense to me.

See topic "New DeGoating info?"

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
No need to rejet unless you do some kind of air mod. Have you posted this to the VROC group, they can give you lots of info on the 750. So,how do you like that new 750?

bluestringer

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Bluestringer;
I don't have it yet. There was a slight delay in shipping. It "should" be here today or tomorrow. I'm hoping that the temps stay kinda warm so I can ride it a little.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vulcan 750

Hi Sgt MIKE
I am an owner of a 1995 Vulcan 750, as well as a 1985 VN750. My 1995 bike has Vance & Hines cruiser pipes on it as well as K & N air filters. I do not know what compression your engine has but mine is 10.5 to 1. The standard fuel/air ratio on a standard Kawasaki engine is set up for approx 14 to 1 fuel/air ratio. Best performance is reached at approx. 13 to 1 ratio. Upon replacing the exhaust system I replaced the stock # 130 jets with optional jets from Kawasaki which were # 135.or Kawasaki part no. #92063-1014.After this change I realized approx. a 12% increase in HP, although the engine was a little fuel rich. Thereafter I added a pair of K&N air filters, the engine was now a little lean. I again changed the main jets to # 138, after this change, the engine was very fuel rich. I then went back to the # 135 main jets and added a washer under the fuel metering rods, lifting them up approx.0.030 in. After all of these changes, I installed an 02 sensor in the exhaust system and checked the fuel/air ratio and found it to be 13.4 to 1.
I hope that this will be of a little assistance.
Note:
Introducing the PLX R-Series/M-Series wideband air/fuel ratio gauges. These standard size gauges are available in black or white face plates and fits into standard 2 1/16 inch (52mm) gauge pods, pillar mounts, and cups. This gauge is designed to blend in and match with other popular gauges on the market today. Also available in black, click here.

The R-Series/M-Series wideband air/fuel ratio gauges will display your vehicle's precise air/fuel ratio 10 times per second (10HZ) on the 3 digit display. Simultaneously, the 20 sweeping bar LEDs will indicate your approximate air/fuel ratio. Red LEDs will illuminate in lean conditions, yellow in near stoichiometric conditions and green in rich conditions. Only one LED is lit at any given time. Must be used with PLX R-Series/M-Series Wideband controller.

Regards
KELLY

1 - 14 of 14 Posts