Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought a couple of sets of earbuds so I can listen to some music on rides, and neither one will stay in my ears when putting on my 3/4 or my full face helmet :-( I can almost get the lid on, but usually one or both earbuds will fall out which really ****es me off :mad::mad: Has anyone found any that will stay plugged in while putting on the helmet ? If so, please send me a link. TIA

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
The best fit I've found is Skull Candy with the medium sized ear pieces. But even so, I have to slide a finger inside my full face helmet to stuff them in for a good seal after putting in on. I just make sure they're good and tight before I put the helmet on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like I'll give the Skull Candy earbuds a try. The Titans look similar to one of my buds I already have tho. I only tried them one time, maybe I should give them another shot since they were a pair of pricy earbuds. Thanks guys for the tip on the Skulls !

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think that you could goto walmart and pick up the over ear and under sony ones. They stay right in there with no problem. I use them for working out, and they never slip out..

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
I think that you could goto walmart and pick up the over ear and under sony ones. They stay right in there with no problem. I use them for working out, and they never slip out..
I would never consider an 'over the ear' type with a full face helmet. That would be way too uncomfortable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would never consider an 'over the ear' type with a full face helmet. That would be way too uncomfortable.
They're not completely over the ear, but I know what you mean. The Gel on the back ear hook part is actually pretty good though. Not uncomfortable at all.

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT:

I would recommend trying the A-Jay Ones. They are a little more expensive at about $40, but they have a flat cord that doesn't tangle easily, and the back part of the bud is flat, so if it does pop out a bit, it's easy to get your finger in there and position them to stay in. I have a little bit of trouble putting my full face on (it's kinda tight) but have no problems at all with my 3/4. They also sound really good. Even with the wind whizzing past you can still hear the bass pretty good.

Amazon.com : JAYS T00072 a-Jays One Matt - Black : Headphones : Electronics

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to go for ear buds, too, but I stopped once I mounted my music player/iPhone (using the the S3 Performance Hitcase) on my bike. I just use the iPhone's speakers, which I find to be less distracting when as opposed to ear buds when I'm driving.

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
I used to go for ear buds, too, but I stopped once I mounted my music player/iPhone (using the the S3 Performance Hitcase) on my bike. I just use the iPhone's speakers, which I find to be less distracting when as opposed to ear buds when I'm driving.
I don't get it, maybe I'm missing something. You're saying you can hear your iphone's speaker when riding down the road in open air? I find that kinda hard to believe....

·
Registered
111 Posts
I went with a Bluetooth helmet kit. It was about $100 on amazon and came with two kits so you could either sync two helmets together and talk, or sync one up to your phone and listen to music. It allows you to take calls to. Pretty easy to install in your helmet with just Velcro. Something to look into.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts