Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that this looks like a very nice forum. This is my first post and I am sure I will hear & learn a lot from all you guys here :)

I just completed my MSF course and now I am eager to buy a motorcycle. I have my eyes set on 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R. I have some experience, about 8+ years, of riding motorcycle but mainly its outside US and the motorcycle were not as powerful as Ninja 650R (actually they were less than 200 cc). And this will be the first time that I will be dealing with dealerships in US. So here are few questions I have on my mind right now:

1. Does anyone know any good Kawasaki dealerships near Tyson's Corner, VA?
I looked up on kawasaki.com and found few names like Coleman powersports, Champion Motorsports... Any recommendations?
2. Any pointers for things to ask to a dealer while buying the first bike?
3. Any other suggestions/ recommendation?

I know its a lot of questions, but I look forward to hear your responses..

·
Minimizing the Regrets!
1,684 Posts
Congratulations on completing the MSF course, joko. That's a great start to all of this. You have chosen a great looking bike in the '09 650R. Kawi has made several dozen changes on this bike over the '08 and all have been for the better in my book at least. Gorgeous bike!

I don't live in that area so can't comment on dealerships there. Hopefully someone will chime in that does.

You may want to ask about their service department and possibly visit with the service manager about the bike and his service crew. Always get an 'out the door' price on your shopping visits. This can vary widely. Decide the maximum you want to pay, offer than and if they don't take it, tell them you will keep looking or to give you a call when they are ready for you to take delivery of the bike.

Go easy with it to start and hone your skills each time out. Above all enjoy your newfound freedom.

Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob. I am thinking of visiting the dealerships tomorrow (can't wait any more now :D) . I will make sure that I keep those things in mind.

·
Minimizing the Regrets!
1,684 Posts
Don't blame you for not wanting to wait. Good luck with it all and make sure to post a couple of pics of your new ride when you get it.

Bob

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Before you buy new, Check with NCDave. He is selling a 2007, I believe. And he is meticulous in taking care of his bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts