Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a 2004 Ninja 636 and am looking to upgrade the full exhaust system. I'm still relatively new to riding. Yoshimura seems to be the brand of choice, but I'd rather be informed than be just another sheep.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Take a look at Akropovic too. Yosh makes nice pipes as well.

·
Registered
607 Posts
blue_streak said:
I ride a 2004 Ninja 636 and am looking to upgrade the full exhaust system. I'm still relatively new to riding. Yoshimura seems to be the brand of choice, but I'd rather be informed than be just another sheep.
Any suggestions?
Here's one: leave your exhaust system stock and if you perfect your riding technique enough that you actually :rolleyes: need more power on public roads :rolleyes: , get a ZX10R.
The plusses:
Fewer tickets
The freedom to roll around town without attracting unwanted LEO attention
Neighbors that don't hate your guts
Motorcyclists in general look less like a gaggle of inconsiderate primadonnas with more testosterone than brains.

The minuses:
About 1.5 hp at 10,000 rpm, which is offset by the increased low-end afforded by the OEM setup.

Once an old racer told me "Mr. Kawasaki knows a LOT more about fluid-dynamics and horsepower than Mister K or Mister N.

-CCinC

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Calamarichris,

First off the exhaust on any OEM bike is not the result of being the best performance pipe, but rather the best one to pass emissions and the cheapest one for production. If this were not true there would not be such a large market for aftermarket pipes.

Any money spent on modifying the bike would be worth 10 fold spent on the track learning how to truly ride a motorcycle, but failing common sense most people mod their bike in an effort to make it go faster, sound badder and look *****en! Can you blame them with all the bike nights and the awesome looking bikes out there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts