Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Here is the deal. I was away from home and came across 2 bikes I test drove and fell in love with. Both are within my limits if i sell my 500. One is a used 04 636 and the other is a gixxer 750. Its almost too hard to pass up this offer. If i sell my 500 what should i expect to get with the following....
-2004 500R
-1700 miles
-all maintence done....never been dropped
-D & D full exhaust
-Stage 1 Dynojet
-Fender Eliminator, Flush mounts in rear and front
-$750 custom paint job
-custom graphics
I mean what is a fair price to sell outright?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
RESPECT

r409z, a ZX-6R is a nice bike...but "IF" I was to tell you that the grass isn't any greener on the other side of the fence would you stop to listen? You already have a bike that you KNOW is in "perfect" condition. YOu get what you pay for sometimes, sometimes you don't. YOu have an awesome super bike that is a knock-out, and has been seriously spoiled by you (Obvious by the options). YOur insurance and maintenance will be cheaper on the Ninja 500R, and it will haul your but anywhere that the others will go. SLAP-SLAP...wake up...Are you okay? I don't personally know you, but I know that you obviously love your bike and riding it. Don't give up something because the grass loks greener on the other side. YOu have something awesome...already!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Dollars and Sense

IF you have to have the other ZX-6R, then get a loan...or borow it from a family member, or do something to get it, but KEEP the 500R!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Dollars and Sense

ZX-2R said:
IF you have to have the other ZX-6R, then get a loan...or borow it from a family member, or do something to get it, but KEEP the 500R!
The only way to do it is to sell the 500....Still Debating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
If you need the ZX-6R

If you need the other bike then BOrrow...Keep the 500R! It's to nice to trade, sell, or even exchange straight across!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,245 Posts
You'll get less than 5K for your bike, even in great condition. The extras don't help the price very much (if at all). The custom paint job can actually bring the selling price down, since most bikes that have been repainted have been wrecked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
I agree with Freakingout. People are going to offer you probably 4500 and nickel and dime you down. To the right person(takes time and luck) your bike will be worth more.

If it were me, I'd keep your bike. You went through all the trouble to customize it. You will almost never find a bike that was cared for like your own unless the previous owner is very particular.

PS...if your intention was to get another bike so soon I don't think you would have spent so much money on customizing it right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,245 Posts
1Adam12 said:
I agree with Freakingout. People are going to offer you probably 4500 and nickel and dime you down. To the right person(takes time and luck) your bike will be worth more.

If it were me, I'd keep your bike. You went through all the trouble to customize it. You will almost never find a bike that was cared for like your own unless the previous owner is very particular.

PS...if your intention was to get another bike so soon I don't think you would have spent so much money on customizing it right?
Pretty much you are correct. The only way I could get more for my bike was if I found somebody who was looking for a ex500 to turn into a racebike. I've already got more than enough customization with race parts (clip-ons and rearsets). but to the average rider a used ex500 won't bring that much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
It's just to nice to get rid of to someone that may not even

know anythig about bikes in the first place...You have a serious bike, worth more than a 600,,,chill for a couple of months till the new ZX-6R/rr come out...there will be guys going nuts over the bike and you are sure to get a great deal on a 2003 or even a 2004...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After thinking about it, I decided to keep the 500 and just save for a while. Who knows maybe by this time next year I will have 2 bikes. Part of my decision making was due to the fact I went riding today with a few people that have been riding a lot longer and i was able to keep up to their bigger bikes for the most part (suzuki hayabusa, cbr 900RR, gsxr 1000 and gsxr 750). We did hit one long staight away and the guy on the streched out busa was gone in a blink of an eye. I am sure they could have all left me in their dust if they wanted to but where we were riding, it wouldnt have been too safe. They were actually all joking about me having a 500 before we started riding and then after said that they were suprised with the power it had....they all liked my pipes too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
SEE!

You came to your senses just in time....just don't lose that thought...the 2005ZX-6R//RR is on it's way...better to have 2 bikes than 1 anyday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Re: SEE!

ZX-2R said:
...better to have 2 bikes than 1 anyday.
Geez man, get off it. Some of us have family, houses and other commitments. I don't know r409z's situation, but he said he could only afford one bike. He knows his financial situation better than the rest of us.

You can't ride but one at a time anyway unless you ride a mile and walk back to the other and ride ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Two better than one

Gee, FatCat, that almosts sounds *******...or deep city to me. Some of us have had at least two for various reasons. One for really nice "fair weather" riding nad one for well it might rain today, or even in some cases a completely different style bike for yet another purpose that was still street legal. I've owned 2 bikes at once and never had to walk anywhere. One was for cruising allover the east coast and one was just for pure fun when I was riding around Newport, R.I. I'm picking on you becaus eyou let your keyboard talk before you thought about it...Get real! If he can afford one, and this winter nad new models are coming out then there are lots of deals out there. We ALL have commitments, and we all don't have bikes, and right now I'm barely counting my "S" brand bike...although I rathere enjoy it for town kicking butt...I couldn't take it across country unless I put it on my trailer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
2 bikes

The jist of having two was so that he could keep all of his hard work and not just start with something USED that he had no idea about, giving up something that he has put his harert and soul into, as well as some sweat and perhaps some blood as well. No sense gettting rid of something KNOWN for something UNKNOWN Time for you to chill...Perhaps my enthusiasm wasn't clear enough for ALL of the Forum members to see through..."Some of the poeple, some of the time: not all the people, all of the time."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: 2 bikes

ZX-2R said:
The jist of having two was so that he could keep all of his hard work and not just start with something USED that he had no idea about, giving up something that he has put his harert and soul into, as well as some sweat and perhaps some blood as well. No sense gettting rid of something KNOWN for something UNKNOWN Time for you to chill...Perhaps my enthusiasm wasn't clear enough for ALL of the Forum members to see through..."Some of the poeple, some of the time: not all the people, all of the time."
Agreed!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Re: Two better than one

ZX-2R said:
Gee, FatCat, that almosts sounds *******...or deep city to me. Some of us have had at least two for various reasons. One for really nice "fair weather" riding nad one for well it might rain today, or even in some cases a completely different style bike for yet another purpose that was still street legal. I've owned 2 bikes at once and never had to walk anywhere. One was for cruising allover the east coast and one was just for pure fun when I was riding around Newport, R.I. I'm picking on you becaus eyou let your keyboard talk before you thought about it...Get real! If he can afford one, and this winter nad new models are coming out then there are lots of deals out there. We ALL have commitments, and we all don't have bikes, and right now I'm barely counting my "S" brand bike...although I rathere enjoy it for town kicking butt...I couldn't take it across country unless I put it on my trailer.
You've owned two bikes at once, but you can't ride two at once. I let my keyboard talk before I thought? Try re-reading your post and correct the typos. That will give you something to think about.

I understand owning more than one bike if it's an option, but r409z's post stated that was not an option.

As for being a *******, thanks for noticing. 8)

Fatcat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
Re: Two better than one

As for being a *******, thanks for noticing. 8)

Fatcat
You are not a ******* unless you can pass Jeff Foxworthys test.

and if there is some truth to his jokes in your family, You might be a *******! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
2 bikes

But now he's keeping one and may get another one later...I spell fine. my fingers get sleepy and (nad) sometimes...I like your attitude! Hang in there. I really wondered if you meant riding one for a block...anyway, I read the posts, just llike you do...but I NEVER tried riding two at a time, especially your way. Seems kinda silly with all that walking in between. Sounds more like a city boy way of thinking. I've found many white collar workers have the same things to say...but, whatever... Living on a farm, you just about need two bikes. You really don't want a road bike out in the field, crossing the creek, not having enough suspension travel...Maybe you don't know what I mean...you ever been off out in the fields, or are you just a dry pavement rider? Think, before your keyboard does the talking. My Party line phone system is pretty old so it takes a long time to send and receive messages...my 33.6 dial up modem is faster than the system can work...maybe you have DSL, or perhaps a city line?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top