Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
: allright about 3 weeks back i got my 83 gpz 750 for 150 the guy said it ran fine be for he put it way for the winter he just drain all the gas out and so when i brought it home the batty look shot so i bought a new one and then i feed it som gas it leaked everwhere mad: :mad: so i took off the crabs bought good crab cleaner and clean the crabs up real good took the jets out let them soak over night ect.. and now its act like its still not getting fuel and all it dose is crank over and when you feed it fuel shoots flames out of the tail pipes and when you feed it strater fueled and its just strats the crabs on fire... ps i saw that the vacum lines ar missing and air box is trashed so i was just going to do cone filters and i saw all the CANISTER parts ar missing............ it just sits there and acts like its not getting fuel when the crabs ar dripping with fuel ( does this bike really need that canister system to run thanks john )

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 84 with a few upgrades, bought like that, and have the same problems....it ran decent in the fall (had to start with fluid but was fine once started) and decided to give it a carb cleaning over the winter in an attempt to rid the need for fluid. After taking apart the carbs and manually cleaning it as well as taking for ultrasonic, once the carbs were re-installed it didnt want to start. I also accidently broke the origional intake-box boots so i replaced the entire thing with cone filters. So, as any fustrated newbie would do, I changed all plugs and wires, tried putting socks over the cones for more vacuum, changed out gas, and even tried putting a space heater to the valves/block to act as a pre-heat. haha. All it does now is pop and backfire when trying to start, and seems like it doesnt get fuel. I suspect a few causes...1, not enough vacuum due to cone filters. 2, though i have tried for hours- carb syncing. 3, i have heard the valves on this model have a tendency to be needy and require adjustments on a regular basis even with environmental temp changes(hence space heater). and lastly 4, an evil gremlin tinkered with something over the winter....So, I feel your pain!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts