Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, restoring my zx11. it had a slow speed fall and the front fairings cracked. i have newly painted plastics that i'm installing on it. the bike's front end is completely torn down - i pulled it all apart a month ago (it's easy taking it apart). so my question-
in what order do i reassemble? I have the upper fairing, windshield, gauges, cockpit plastic (the 3 pieces that surround the gauges), both side lower fairing pieces, headlight and turn signals. all of these are just sitting on the floor right now, disassembled.
i think i first reinstall the gauge cluster. then i need to reinstall the headlight and turn signals in the upper fairing. then ???...
do i put the windshield in the upper fairing before it's on the bike? do i put the pieces around the gauges before the upper fairing goes on or after?
i know my two side pieces will be the last ones to be mounted after everything up top is.

thanks in advance. i hope to get it all back together this weekend for the start of the season!!

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
You put it together, take it apart, put it together again, take it apart again, etc, till you finally get it right. Pretty much what I spent the day doing to a diesel injection pump :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts