Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Coca-Cola Addict
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took some pics of the integrated tailight i bought from ebay. I must be doing something wrong or the product is defective. When i attatch the break light plug into the tailight, the light is constantly running and doesnt flash brighter when i apply the brake lever. also i tested the blue and yellow wires from the tailight on my turn signal wire and did trial and error , and the same left side of the l.e.d.'s flashes . Here are the pics. please look at them and see what i can do, if not i guess im just gonna have to return it. I dont think i will be buying anything soon from ebay lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
The tail light should always be on like a running light but should also light up brighter with the brake. Maybe the plug just wasn't seated all the way but it sounds like it might be broken. The other 2 wires blue and yellow will be the flasher wires. Lets say the blue wire is the left flasher it will only light the left leds no mater the power source. You could touch it to the right hand factory wire and will light you new left flasher. Start with one side doesn't matter what one left or right. Find the right hand OE connector and try bolth wires comming from the new light until the right flasher lights up. Splice those 2 and you other one would be the left. If that doesn't work send it back. I have the clear alterntives one and the fit and finish is not as good as factory but good enough. I would also go with a new flasher relay if you can the resisters are just big heat sinks. Also another good tip dont cut the factory wire rather just shave the insulation off with a razor blade and spice onto it. At some point you will be going back to stock lol. But they do look cool. If any of that makes sense good luck.

·
Coca-Cola Addict
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice. i returned the light, it is certainly defective. the brake light doesnt flash when i applied the brake lever. i will probably pay more and go with the clear alternatives version that comes with resisters and ill buy the flasher relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts