Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a fully dissasembled 85 ninja ZX6 , I have the wheels on and the forks but my main question up to this point is when i put my rear wheel on i seems to be missing some sort of spacer, am i correct in this and if i am does anyone know where i can get this part.

Also the engine is crap does anyone know of any other engine that can be modified to fit this bike.

Thanks and i am sure i will have more questions later.

Chris :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Go to kawasaki.com and onto the part section. You can see an online micro fiche of your bike and go from there.

Not to sure about another motor, however you should be able to find a salvage motor cheap somewhere in the US without a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear wheel

well thats why i came here to ask that question i went too Kawasaki . com and all the patrs listed i have, but i can still move the wheel 4 inches on each side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
4 inches????

it's the basic setup, with a retainer bolt,,,

for another engine try argo.com salvage, but you can probably drop any motor in there, but you may need another harness

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Is it the correct rear wheel on that bike?
I am having trouble thinking of some part missing that would allow that sort of movement.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
How about a better description on the "spacer".
Location, size, how is it incorporated to the rest of the parts?

Thanks.

·
Rippin Ninja's heads off!
393 Posts
Check out any local salvage yards for the engines (I prefer pick-a-part places myself...) I have picked up an eninge for one before, did a couple of quick checks on it (valves, etc...), cleaned it up a bit, installed it, flused all fluids, added new fluids, and fired it up. I am still using that engine now (45k miles later... and a great ride into work this morning!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts