Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I think I took on more than I could handle with this project. It is an 89 Ninja 600R (non-Cali model). The bike belongs to a friend of mine--and I agreed to help him get it running right. The bike ran pretty good at first, but very rich--wouldn't idle very well, but had great upper rpm pull. Then a few days after he bought the thing, gas started pouring out everywhere. Turns out that someone had previously capped the vacuum line on one of the carbs--to hide the fact that the float was not operating properly. The little metal tab that the needle hangs off had been bent--very different setting than the rest of the floats. I did not take the carbs off the bike, so I'm not sure how all the lines go back on. I rebuilt the carbs last week. I have a pretty good idea how they go on there, but If someone here could provide me with a picture of the carbs on a bike or a nice diagram I would greatly appreciate it. By the way, I already went to buykawasaki.com and looked at their diagram, but I am still a little unclear. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
On your vacuum lines it should be as follows:

Carbs 1 and 4 have a vacuum line joined together going to the engine.
Carb 2 should be going to your petcock
Carb 3 should be capped

Sit on the bike from left to right you have carbs 1 2 3 4

You will also have 2 vent tubes between carbs 1/2 and 3/4 those should be left alone and not have a cap.

Megahyperion was having an issue with the float needles - you may want to check that if you didn't do it during rebuild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts