Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to take a look at this bike tomorrow. I have been out out the MX scene for many years... I know GSXR's and Wavrunners. Help me out with the good and the bad on this...what you think and if you think is worth $3,000...read the add below.

"2000 KX 500. It is Runs Great and Race Ready! Has many extras which include ProTaper Bars, MSR Easy Pull Lever, V-Force Reeds, EZ Holeshot, Extra Sprockets for both front and rear, Clarke Black Tank, Extra UNI Airfilter, Extra sets of plastics, Pro Circut Platinum Pipe, FMF Exhaust, Bark Busters (hand guards), Skid Plate, Frame Guards, Devol Radiatior Guards, Stealthy 12 oz. Flywheel Weight. Very Fast Bike, Adult owned. Do not have the orginal title, will issue a signed bill of sale."

Pics are available at http://www.racekomodo.com/kx500.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
YES! its worth the money, my friend has a cr500 with pipes, porting, reed valve, that runs a 5.5 sec 1/8 mile at 87 mph. those 500cc bikes are great for drag racing and riding in open areas but for mx you wanna stick with a 125 or 250...and as always.. stick with a 2 stroke

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
camarokid said:
mx you wanna stick with a 125 or 250...and as always.. stick with a 2 stroke
ill agree its worth the money with all the add ons and being a big-bore monster.
but y stick to 2-strokes, the new 4-strokes are AWESOME BIKES

·
Registered
148 Posts
If your a big guy and doing trail or top speed runs that price is very good, but if you want to hit the tracks again at any weight you might want to look into a 250 2stroke or a 450 4stroke these are the better bikes on the track.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm six one and about 225lb
...not going to race...going to hit a few tracks for fun...run in few dried out river beds...maybe in the woods from time to time...local trails, etc.

My main worry is not much juice with a 250. I like the power my gixxer 1000 has and am always disappointed with any 600 I ride. Even though the 600 is easier to toss around, I like the feel of the liter bikes.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Then it looks like ya might want check it out si on it and see if you like the feel, with all those extra parts that has been offered it might be a cool machine. Ask how many times its been bored out to see how much life that cylinder has left. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am 6 ft tall and pushing the 200# mark and ride an 03 250. Ive piped it and a few other mods and have plenty of power to get in trouble on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts