Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an 09 900 custom. Any helpful tips on where to buy accessories would be appreciated. Immediate needs are windshield, sissy bar, and luggage rack. Since my bike is the burnt orange I was wondering if anyone has put the Memphis burnt orange shield on and how it looks with the orange bike. Pretty sure I want the mustang seat with drivers back rest so I know there could be limitations on which sissy bar would work. All comments will be helpful.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I would start with a good set of pipes. You have to let people around you know you're near by.

Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the forum.

On where to buy well ebay is probably the most aforable or some online stores. Just google the part you're looking for and i'm sure you'll get good places.

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
The Cobra short sissybar looks great on the custom, but I've upgraded to the standard with wide pad and luggage rack. Don't know how it would work with the mustang and driver's back rest, though. Will shoot ya pics from home.

As for the pipes, debaffling the stockers has a real nice "not too loud" sound, but still very noticeable and rumbly. I really love the sound of some of the 2 into 1 options too!

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
Here's the 900 custom with the cobra short sissy bar:

And again with the cobra standard (wide pad) and luggage rack:

Hope those help!

·
Old Geez
48 Posts
BEARTOOTH KAWASAKI, our forum sponsor!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pictures and other information. Still would like to hear from somebody who has or has seen the burnt orange Memphis shield on a 900 custom burnt orange bike.

·
Year Round Rider
203 Posts
Oem

I liked the OEM it's short, follows the lines of the bike well, hard to see rack w/ tool bag I had on it this day but you get the idea.
[/IMG]

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
I like the Kawasaki stuff, but I like the Cobra pricing better.

This is the Alley Cat windshield from Memphis Shades with blue gradient.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts